HM2 wont export my 400.000 hands

Default HM2 wont export my 400.000 hands

My database became to big (100 GB), because of that I want to export only my hands and import them to a fresh database. But when I try the export function in the Databse Manager it freezes on the Please be patient, export in progress. screen.

When I export my hands from PatryPoker (only 40.000) it was done in less than 5 minut. But here I wait more than 3 houers. I have the fastest SSD drives both for system and database (Samsung 850 EVO).

8ef24e5c58646cb2159a5859418517b2.png

0f101bfd29ff096b96298b231704d7c7.png

6abe79b0d817f99d5cd12474bdda3335.png

8c91883a49e2c957916c288fbbf6c974.png

How many hands are there?

You should just import from c:\hm2archive in a new database. Just choose the hands you want to import.

Try creating a new DataBase and import a small portion of your \HM2Archive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How to create a new database and import previously played hands
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

300k hands, I do not have this hands in the HMArchive folder because reasons. When I try to divide the export in smaller time periods it is working but this is not normal.

Why does nobody help me? I managed to export about 70% of my hands in small portions (3 months exportos) but there is one time period that wont export even if I select only one month, it freezes on Please be patient, export in progress. Any ideas?

How much free space do you have on your system/C drive and how big is the database according to the HM2 > Database > Database Info menu? You generally need more than twice as much free space as your database is big according to that menu and you should always have at least 20% free space.

Please see this FAQ to clear up some more free space.

Try emptying c:\temp and/or c:\users\username\appdata\local\temp. You will need to show system and hidden files. See this tutorial for showing system and hidden files.

If you continue to have problems you can try moving the windows temp directories that we use for these database procedures to another drive that has more free space.

Put the backup file location on another drive.

Also, make sure that the permissions settings are not blocking the necessary files/folders. Please see this FAQ to alleviate any security bottlenecks.

If you continue to have problems:

Please enable the Settings > Feature Logging > [x] 'DBControlPanel' option and increase the Max number of log files option to 10 so old logs are saved with date/time stamps.

You can also enable this before you launch HM2 from the Start Menu.

Please reproduce the problem and zip/attach your HM2Logs folder with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing.

Great! I did an vacuumand tune and this happend... I have PostgreSQL 9.6 Did I lost everything? posgrespass is not working. When I start HM2 it says Loading Configuration module... and then this appears:

c1a24f070a884367130d49eadf4dfb62.png

I have 416 GB free space on C (Windows and program drive) and 126 GB on D (Datebase drive = Players + Hands). The datebase is 46 GB in the datebase Manager and according to WinDirStat.

I am very good at computing, I do not have any unnecessary files on my system, I also clean temp folder regularly (manualy and with CCleaner) . Hibernation is turned off. SSD configured to insane performance, RAPID enabled.
    Last edited by trzasku; 12-04-2016 at 12:03 PM.

Whoa - hadn't seen the admin 4 page before! That's a way different look.

The vacuuming should not cause this.

This is usually a firewall or windows update issue and the following guide gives a step by step guide:
    Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Can not Connect / Failed to Start PostgreSQL

Where are you putting the exported hands?

How much free space do you have on your system/C drive and how big is the database according to the HM2 > Database > Database Info menu? You generally need more than twice as much free space as your database is big according to that menu and you should always have at least 20% free space.

Please see this FAQ to clear up some more free space.

Try emptying c:\temp and/or c:\users\username\appdata\local\temp. You will need to show system and hidden files. See this tutorial for showing system and hidden files.

If you continue to have problems you can try moving the windows temp directories that we use for these database procedures to another drive that has more free space.

Put the backup file location on another drive.

Also, make sure that the permissions settings are not blocking the necessary files/folders. Please see this FAQ to alleviate any security bottlenecks.

If you continue to have problems:

Please enable the Settings > Feature Logging > [x] 'DBControlPanel' option and increase the Max number of log files option to 10 so old logs are saved with date/time stamps.

You can also enable this before you launch HM2 from the Start Menu.

Please reproduce the problem and zip/attach your HM2Logs folder with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing.

These should be relevant to the export as well.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)