HEM cant connect postgresql (Windows 10)

Default HEM cant connect postgresql (Windows 10)

I know, I know. I have seen the other threads. I tried pretty much everything suggested

Windows 10. HEM2 worked for about 2 months then I got the "cant connect...." This was about a month ago. Searching here, I uninstalled my Avast, and restarted my PC. HEM connected, all is good. I reinstalled my Avast. All worked, Played tourneys, cash , multiple sites, just like always. So, it was an issue with Avast (I thought). Why it worked for a couple of months and then all of a sudden does not connect to postgreSQL? Well, it works now so who cares... (I thought then). Since 2 days it is happening again. Now uninstalling Avast - and HEM2 - and re starting my PC changes nothing.

So, I am thinking uninstall HEM2 and postgre. Then reinstalling them. I have no idea how to get rid of postgresql, however. I dont really even know what it is. Is uninstalling these 2 nd reinstalling a good idea? Any help would be appreciated.

Make sure you reset the winsock. Please see this section of the Windows FAQ and reset your Winsock Adapter - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How to repair Windows files

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem and zip/attach your HM2Logs folder with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How Do I Send a Log File to Holdem Manager Support?

Uninstall PostgreSQL & try the following steps:

1) Run cmd.exe as Admin (Start > Search 'cmd' > Right-Click > Run As Admin)
    2) in CMD window run (type the code then hit Enter key) following command:
    net user postgres /del
    3) Reboot PC
    4) after reboot open cmd.exe again & run following commands:
    net user postgres postgrespass /add
    net localgroup Administrators postgres /add
    net localgroup Users postgres /delete
    runas /userostgres cmd.exe

When it asks about password please input postgrespass & don`t worry if you don`t see any new symbols\inputs in cmd window. If you did all steps right then you should get new cmd window for postgres user.

5) Download PostgreSQL installer (http://get.enterprisedb.com/postgres...-1-windows.exe) & move (copy/paste) it from the \Downloads folder to C:\
    6) in new cmd window for postgres user run following commands:
    cd c:\
    start postgresql-8.4.22-1-windows.exe
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Thanks, I will look into this. But first, how do I uninstall postgreSQL? I cannot find an application in the folder. Do I just erase the postgreSQL folder (and is there only one) because there is no postgreSQL when I go to uninstall programs?

The post above has me installing postgreSQL 8.4.22. This is an older version. Why do I not want to install a newer version?

EDIT:

I reset winsock and it is working. Thanks.

I have had this a couple of times. If it happens again, I will reset winsock, and post here to let you know that this keeps happening. But maybe this will take care of it for more than a few weeks this time. Thanks.

You are very welcome. Thank you for letting us know it solved your problems. It helps us when crafting future replies to other customers with similar problems.

Good luck at the tables. If you have any further questions or problems do not hesitate to ask us.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)