Problem with PostgreSQL server - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Did as you said Ishikawa, postgres.exe suspended after around 8 hours since the reboot.

PostgreSQL Whisperer

but it booted ok? Did you have 2 processes in TaskManager: pg_ctl and postgres?

It booted ok. These two processes are currently here in the task manager.

PostgreSQL Whisperer

Then we need log.txt from %appdata%\HoldemManager or at least let us know what is your AV software?

I'm currently using windows defender and have already pg_ctl and postgres processes in the exclusions along with holdemmanager and hudfuncsapp.
    Should I just copy and paste what is in the log.txt here or should I upload the file somewhere?

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem and zip/attach your HM2Logs folder with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How Do I Send a Log File to Holdem Manager Support?
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by baza View Post
    Already did both things a lot of times.
    Found a temporary solution, since windows don't let me terminate the postgres.exe process that is suspended, I found a software that allows me to kill the process. Then restarting the HM2 it works again for another couple hours. It is kinda weird because when I tried to manually stop/start the sql service it didn't work. It seems like that the service didn't even stop while killing this process. At least now I don't have to reboot my computer every time it happens.
    Hi, I'm having this issue too. Could you, please, tell me which software you're using to terminate the suspended postgres.exe process?

Thanks!

It's called Process Hacker 2. But sometimes I have to kill not only the suspended one but all the postgres.exe processes to make HM2 work again.

if this can help, i have the same problem, after 1 hour or less hm get slowly even after installing a good Samsung ssd, i have 3 GHz quad core processor with 4 giga ram.

PostgreSQL Whisperer

You all using Win 10 right? If so then I`d suggest to reset PostgreSQL settings to default: you should stop or disable PostgreSQL service, reboot PC then go to C:\PostgreSQL\data and del postgresql.conf and rename the oldest postgresql.conf.*** file to postgresql.conf. After that run the service.