Can't open stars.eu or stars.fr after latest update.

Default Can't open stars.eu or stars.fr after latest update.

Hey guys,

Really strange problem here. I was in the middle of a session and noticed my HM2 missed hands on one of my Boss tables so I decided to update to version 2.0.0.8443. To do this I had to close my pokerstars clients which I did.
    After I was done I haven't been able to open the clients again.

When I try to open the .eu or .fr client all that happens is the small connection window comes up and says "site found waiting for reply" and then the lobby window opens for like 0.3 seconds before the program shuts down.
    I've tried restarting my computer, reinstalling the client and uninstalling the client and then reinstalling it. Nothing works. Doubt it is HM2 that is blocking it but the problem occured just after I updated HM so might have something to do with it?
    Anyone else having same problem or know what to do?

I've also e-mailed pokerstars to see what they have to say about it.

Please make sure you have the latest update installed for your PokerStars client.

- Close HM2 and PS client
    - Download this ZIP - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/zoomfix.zip
    - Unzip it (right-click > Extract All...) anywhere on your PC - it contains the only one BAT file.
    - Right click on the 'zoomfix.bat' file* > Run as administrator
    * Note: Windows hides 'known file extensions' by default - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How are Hidden Files Viewed in Windows?
    - After .bat file finalizes it's job you will see a message in Notepad then you should be able to launch PokerStars and HM2.

Please let us know if this does/doesn't work for you either way.

*If you continue to have problems:

Which ps.xx skin do you play and what are the Poker Stars client/server version numbers?

Please duplicate the issue and send us log files with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing:
    - Open Windows Event Viewer's (Control Panel > System & Security > Administrative Tools or Start > Search > 'Event Viewer') > Windows Logs > Applications.
    - Check for any errors and send the information (Save All Events As...).
    - Please send a log file as well - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How Do I Send a Log File to Holdem Manager Support?

When sending any files please zip them (right-click > send to > compressed folder) before attaching them to an email. If the attachment is larger than 10MB please upload them to a file hosting site like dropbox, then 'copy public link' and paste the download link directly into the support ticket and if there is a forum thread with additional information please link to this thread and let us know your forum name if there are several people in the thread.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Same issue than OP. Reinstall Pokerstars.be didnt change anything. I didnt try the zip file yet, but go back to previous HM2 version fixed that issue.I really hope that the next HEM2 update will be fine....

We need the log files when it does not work.

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem and zip/attach your HM2Logs folder with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How Do I Send a Log File to Holdem Manager Support?
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Same here with .IT software. I reinstalled but after few working session again no start. Running as admin now the PS software starts but no way for the HEM2 hud to work correctly (see other thread in this forum)

Quote Originally Posted by DanyXP View Post
    Same here with .IT software. I reinstalled but after few working session again no start. Running as admin now the PS software starts but no way for the HEM2 hud to work correctly (see other thread in this forum)
    Please send the logs as instructed above. Our QA/Testing Manager has duplicated it with one customer's logs that were sent yesterday but we need as many logs as we can get to try and cover the various PokerStars clients and different Windows Regional settings.

Just opened a ticket with my logs

Same here on pokerstars.uk updated yesterday and wont open, I have reinstalled the full/latest version of HEM2.
    Full Tilt Poker opens ok.

Rolled back and now ok http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloa...AutoUpdate.exe
    Last edited by rhombus; 06-01-2016 at 02:19 PM.

Don't really know what the problem was. I solved it by reinstalling stars in a different folder then the original one. =/

If you have trouble, we need the log files, as Fozzy said.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)