PokerStars crashed - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I've replied to you, but lots of links - so wait for it to be cleared by the moderator

Quote Originally Posted by _Loki_ View Post
    I've replied to you, but lots of links - so wait for it to be cleared by the moderator
    Thanks.

Even though the autodetectutility tool from AMD said 'we were unable to find a driver for your system' I managed to find updated drivers on the AMD site Legacy

Although when I tried to run the software I got an error - application install: install package failure!

Strangely enough in Device manager the previous driver I had was

ATI Radeon HD 3450 DriverDate : 27/01/2009 Version 5.581.0.0

Its now changed to

ATI Radeon HD 3400 series DriverDate : 29/04/2013 Version 8.970.100.1100

Still can't open Pokerstars though lol

That was one of the links that still hasn't appeared
    You are running 32bit vista not 64bit then?
    You installed the catalyst package & not the hydravision too?

Does it happen without HM2 or only with it?

If with, we need the log files.

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem and zip/attach your HM2Logs folder with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How Do I Send a Log File to Holdem Manager Support?

If without, then try this:

Please see this FAQ to fix Windows problems - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How to repair Windows files

Especially reset the winsock and cleanup .net

Then uninstall and reinstall Stars.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by _Loki_ View Post
    That was one of the links that still hasn't appeared
    You are running 32bit vista not 64bit then?
    You installed the catalyst package & not the hydravision too?
    Yup 32Bit, initially i installed catalyst and hydra but go the application install: install package failure!

So ran again and did the uninstall all which reverted the driver back to 3450.

Then reinstalled again but just installed the catalyst but still same install package failure!.

Just tried the Sound option -
    Ran Zoomfix which enabled me to open pokerstars
    Unticked enabled Sound Effects
    Opened HEM2 which gives me the popup regarding Pokerstars needs to be configured for Zoom

See pic below which shows new version of driver and Pokerstars Zoom popup
    https://s32.postimg.org/6mfhoytlh/amdps.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rhombus View Post
    Yup 32Bit, initially i installed catalyst and hydra but go the application install: install package failure!

So ran again and did the uninstall all which reverted the driver back to 3450.

Then reinstalled again but just installed the catalyst but still same install package failure!.

Just tried the Sound option -
    Ran Zoomfix which enabled me to open pokerstars
    Unticked enabled Sound Effects
    Opened HEM2 which gives me the popup regarding Pokerstars needs to be configured for Zoom

See pic below which shows new version of driver and Pokerstars Zoom popup
    https://s32.postimg.org/6mfhoytlh/amdps.jpg
    Close Stars and follow the Zoom FAQ at this point.

IMPORTANT Zoom Installation Instructions:

Make sure you always start HM2 first before you open the PokerStars Client. If you closed PokerStars for any reason and did not close HM2 please close them both and start HM2 before you start PokerStars again.

On the first run, you must start the Hold'em Manager 2 HUD BEFORE you launch PokerStars. If PokerStars is open, you must close PokerStars, start the HUD and then open PokerStars before Zoom HUD will function properly. If the Zoom HUD is not displaying after doing the above, please uninstall PokerStars, delete the associated C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\PokerStars.xx folders. and re-download and install PokerStars as the PokerStars installation is more than likely corrupted and a PokerStars reinstall should resolve the issue.

Please check all of the steps on this FAQ - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How to setup Holdem Manager to run with Poker Stars Zoom Tables

If you continue to have problems please tell us which ps.xx skin you play on, what the client/server version numbers are, and send the requested files/screenshots as instructed at the end of the Zoom setup FAQ in the link above.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
    Does it happen without HM2 or only with it?

If with, we need the log files.

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem and zip/attach your HM2Logs folder with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How Do I Send a Log File to Holdem Manager Support?

If without, then try this:

Please see this FAQ to fix Windows problems - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How to repair Windows files

Especially reset the winsock and cleanup .net

Then uninstall and reinstall Stars.
    I can't open Pokerstars at all even if HEM2 isn't open.

I had emails for a few days with Pokerstars support, asking me to uninstall and reinstall Pokerstars and send some logs

at the end they said 'We can confirm that we have seen similar reports in the past, unfortunately often caused by third party tools.'

Then after doing a few uninstalls/reinstalls I can only open pokerstars using the zoomfix

uninstalled 3.5 as when I repaired and tried to install 4 it wouldnt let me

Reinstalled 3.5 SP1 and tried to install 4.0 again and got same message, see image below
    https://s32.postimg.org/wniairvkl/setup4.jpg

Reset Winsock Adaptor - netsh winsock reset

Restarted PC

Still the same Pokerstars wont open.I get the first part, either Site found or contacting site, then nothing else

https://s31.postimg.org/7oo0zldfv/stars2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
    Make sure you always start HM2 first before you open the PokerStars Client. If you closed PokerStars for any reason and did not close HM2 please close them both and start HM2 before you start PokerStars again.

On the first run, you must start the Hold'em Manager 2 HUD BEFORE you launch PokerStars. If PokerStars is open, you must close PokerStars, start the HUD and then open PokerStars before Zoom HUD will function properly.
    Ok just opened Pokerstars after running the Zoom fix.bat(not sure what it does but it lets me open Stars

Once opened i didn't open HEM2, i just played a few hands of Zoom, closed Pokerstars. Reopened Pokerstars played a few more hands of zoom then closed again. Reopened for the 3rd time played a few more hands then closed Pokerstars.

Then I opened HEM2 first and let it collect all the hands. Once collected I then tried to open Pokerstars but it wouldn't open see image below, it showed the first screen then closed.

At least I'm looking on the bright side I won 9cents lol

https://s32.postimg.org/fulyu9lqt/starshem.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rhombus View Post
    Ok just opened Pokerstars after running the Zoom fix.bat(not sure what it does but it lets me open Stars

Once opened i didn't open HEM2, i just played a few hands of Zoom, closed Pokerstars. Reopened Pokerstars played a few more hands of zoom then closed again. Reopened for the 3rd time played a few more hands then closed Pokerstars.

Then I opened HEM2 first and let it collect all the hands. Once collected I then tried to open Pokerstars but it wouldn't open see image below, it showed the first screen then closed.

At least I'm looking on the bright side I won 9cents lol

https://s32.postimg.org/fulyu9lqt/starshem.jpg
    Did you ever send us any logs when this happens? It is impossible to guess what could be causing it from screen shots. We need to see log files.

If you continue to have problems, please duplicate the issue and send us log files with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing:
    - Open Windows Event Viewer's (Control Panel > System & Security > Administrative Tools or Start > Search > 'Event Viewer') > Windows Logs > Applications.
    - Check for any errors and send the information (Save All Events As...).
    - Please send a HM2 log file as well.

When sending any files please zip them (right-click > send to > compressed folder) before attaching them to an email. If the attachment is larger than 10MB please upload them to a file hosting site like dropbox, then 'copy public link' and paste the download link directly into the support ticket email.