HM2 doesn't work properly

Default HM2 doesn't work properly

Since a while, HM2 freezing when I double click on the hud or just when pop up the main window. It's take a few moment to restart and it's freezing all my desktop, i can't click on the buttons of my poker site and have to do Ctr+ALT+sup every time ( I don't know why it's working after that). My database is big but I have made the full maintenance, also for note cady. Sorry for my bad english but could you help me ?
    Last edited by loeildejack; 03-03-2016 at 09:53 PM.

I'm really sorry and I know there is nothing more frustrating than having issues like this when trying to play. I hope i can help you resolve this quickly.

What is your hard drive model, RAM and CPU? You can find this in your Control Panel - System - Device Manager. Sometimes lower spec PC's can contribute to lagging but that is not to say we can't still improve it further.

Are you running Notecaddy also and do you have many definitions or use any of the NC Edge or NC Advantage packages? Those can also have an impact on large database with large definitions. If you do I would suggest reading this thread which will help improve the performance when using NC - NoteCaddy speed improvement - Assaultware Wiki

You can also try the steps in the following AJA Performance Guide - http://www.notecaddy.com/NoteCaddy%2...ide%20v1.2.pdf

How big is your database and how many hero hands are in the database? If you have a large database you can try to edit the hm2 config file to force HM2 to use more or less RAM and see if it helps. Here is a text document with instructions if you want to try that also - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloa...kingSetCap.txt

In the meantime while you reply with those details I have a couple of things you can try that will improve the performance of your PC in general and may help if this scanning is the cause of the issues you're seeing.

Please check these 2 FAQs and try all the steps there to see if they help:
    - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Software Security Problems (Firewall) - Resolves issues where security software continually try to scan files and processes which can slow down your PC
    - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Fix Holdem Manager 2 Lagging (Reports & HUD) - General tips and solutions for performance issues

A few other things you could try to see if it helps when playing:
    - Does it help you disable the Settings > General Settings > Miscellaneous > [ ] 'Automatically Refresh' option and restart HM2?
    - Try leaving HM2 on the 'Home' tab when playing.
    - Try picking a villain in the reports that only has a few hands in your database instead of your hero and restart HM2.
    - Try creating a new smaller database with just hands from the past 1 or 2 months to use when playing - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How to create a new database and import previously played hands

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem, describe exactly what you were doing, and attach your new \HM2logs folder -
    Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How Do I Send a Log File to Holdem Manager Support?
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Thanks for your help. My Hard Drive is a SSD 250go Samsung EVO. I have tried all what you said but the problem is still here. I have tried to rolling back to a previous version, try a smaller database (2go vs 8go), made exclusions in my firewall, note caddy configuration had already made by a friend... I send you my logs files. https://www.dropbox.com/s/jiu6r9p08g...2logs.rar?dl=0

Did you try without Avast? Did you try with the default NC definitions instead of custom ones?
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Yes I've tried without Avast and note caddy stoped. I have 12go and a I7 , GTX780 OCTi, I don't understand what's happening and the memory is not overloading. Does it have a driver especialy that I can look for update ?

I have the same problem and I also have SSD 250GB. It just keep freezing, I play on Pokerstars

Quote Originally Posted by loeildejack View Post
    Yes I've tried without Avast and note caddy stoped. I have 12go and a I7 , GTX780 OCTi, I don't understand what's happening and the memory is not overloading. Does it have a driver especialy that I can look for update ?
    Did you completely uninstall avast and reboot or simply disable it? The latter is not sufficient to know if avast is the cause of the problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Dego View Post
    I have the same problem and I also have SSD 250GB. It just keep freezing, I play on Pokerstars
    Please follow the instructions in post #2 and if it doesn't help email us your \hm2logs folder files as requested.

I have just do it and that was the problem ... it's so good, thank you. What anti-virus can I take to avoid having this kind of problem

Quote Originally Posted by loeildejack View Post
    I have just do it and that was the problem ... it's so good, thank you. What anti-virus can I take to avoid having this kind of problem
    Many of those free Norton, Mcaffee, Comodo, Zonealarm, Avira, Avast, AVG, Bitdefender, etc, 'internet security' bundles will not work well with Holdem Manager. They can block the database folder, keeping us from writing to it. In some cases, we have seen them corrupt Windows to the point the hard drive needs to be reformatted. We do not recommend using them at any time with HM2. We recommend Microsoft Security Essentials or Kaspersky for the lowest chance of HM2 conflicts while staying protected against viruses.

Please do the following steps, so we can get your computer to a state that we know will work with Holdem Manager:

1) Uninstall any 3rd party security software bundles.
    2) Reboot your computer
    3) Please install the latest version: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...ger_2_Beta.exe
    - After downloading, you should right-click the file, go to properties and click unblock.*
    * If you do not see an 'unblock' option you can ignore this step.
    - Then, right click the file and run as administrator.
    4) Enable Windows Firewall's recommended settings through your Control Panel, turn off Windows Defender (unless you are using Windows 10, in which case it should be enabled), and add firewall exceptions for HM and SQL - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Software Security Problems (Firewall)
    5) Install Microsoft Security Essentials (unless you are using Windows 10*) for antivirus/malware protection and update it - Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows
    6) *Windows 10 includes Defender which is the same as Security Essentials.