Huds
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Huds

Default Huds

Guys what is the best NL 6 max hud to purchase i been out of action for a while and just getting back into things really appreciate some solid advice.

Kind regards.

Zoom cash or ordinary cash? Click on "Premium HUDs" at the very top of this page or click this link: https://www.holdemmanager.com/hud_repository/hud/ & look in there
    There's some dropdown menus so you can select cash, 6 max etc
    When you see a HUD you like click on the "view" button to see more info on that HUD & associated popups

Those are free HUDs & they're good enough for players starting out again with small Hand History sample sizes
    If you're just coming back to poker choose a very simple HUD with no more than a dozen stats because it will take you a month [if you play a lot] to get enough villain hands to make more complex, specific stats [by position say] trustworthy
    If you're going to be playing PokerStars make sure each stat has only 1, 2 or 3 colour ranges - they don't permit 4 or more colours in any stat

Thanks for the reply Loki i been back a couple of months now playing at 888 6 tabling / 4 tabling have about 100k in hands i wanted player recommendations as there are a number of premium huds to choose from . I'm playing mixture of cash and zoom no limit 30 / 50 and 100nl at the minute. Also can anyone point me to some in depth articles i could read to educate myself more about HM2 and my database to improve my game i watched the leak buster vids included with HM and i subscribe to cardrunners but i was very disappointed with their HM vids and the response to my post on 2+2 asking for articles and recommendations on HUDs and HM2 info has been very disspointing it appears the community has gone back over in last ten years I'm hoping to get some more solid friendly advice here.
    Last edited by MadcowUK1; 02-23-2016 at 04:29 AM.

To be honest with you I saw some of your requests for info on 2p2 & what you asked for was pretty unfocussed. Not easy to answer such general questions! What's your name on 2p2 & I'll take a look? It's a lot like your name here & I DID try to answer one your questions over there, but it was a poor question

Learning HM2 is a bit of a strange journey - you need to have a starting point & an objective or it's just information that you can't capitalise on. Do you actually have a leakbuster licence or you've just watched some of their videos? If you get the licence for that & work through the steps you'll improve immensely

6-max cash is now a very tough game at your stakes where you have to understand when to apply aggression & against whom. Aggression is absolutely key or you'll lose chunks of money, but it's knowing the situations to apply it & when to avoid getting involved.

So I would suggest...

[1] leakbuster [it's hard work]
    [2] study various situations where you're weak in HM2 leakbuster reports [even harder work!]
    [3] Look up Nathan "BlackRain79" William's site & particularly his 2nd ebook [cheap]. There he discusses types of players & their stats. How to read their stats intelligently & profit from that.

Regarding HUD stats to use Nathan covers that. Besides the obvious top three stats... for me it's W$SD & opponents stealing tendencies & their 3 betting/4 betting ranges from various positions [especially SB & BB]
    Something I find profitable is notes on what players are going all-in with preflop - amazingly varied from one player to the next. Nathan has different ideas - well worth a read if you're the reading type.

Loki this is exactly what i been looking for I have Leak buster licence is it really that effective ?? ill get right to addressing points 1 2 and 3 I had not realised my question was so poorly put, but ill take that on board for in the future, there is no need to answer it on 2p2 now as it the same question i asked here and i feel i finally have some solid advice.

I had been reading Matthew Janda book and watching his Vids would you recommend I continue with this or switch to Nathan Williams. Any advice with how to address leak buster you suggested its strange journey any further insight to exactly what you mean by this ? My first objective is clear i have 40 hours per week for playing poker i want to make a regular £500 per week not including rake from 50nl while learning the game and moving up the stakes building a roll i want to become a great deal better than I all ready am Im pretty aggressive as it is maybe over aggressive with out understanding always why Im doing what im doing in certain situations.

BOOKS/VIDS
    It got plenty of good reviews, but [speaking *ENTIRELY* personally with no criticism of Janda intended] I got annoyed by the poor editing in Janda's book - AND I never finished it because too theoretical for my taste and not useful to me particularly. Not useful because I don't play at a stake where game theoretical strategies [GTO] such as balanced frequencies are applicable - bad villains don't know frequencies from fromage cheese so why worry about being balanced from their point-of-view? I like to find really, really bad nitty regs & exploit them hard [bumhunting is the absolute central strategy for profit]! In simple terms I like to use an exploitative strategy that's based on opponent, position & the table dynamic.

I'm a book person & Nathan's is simple & straightforward - it's a waste of time reading books or watching videos if you don't take notes though. It takes me three reads at least to absorb a poker book & I get the notepad & pencil out on the 2nd read. Nathan is a bumhunter & today he wrote that he'll give up poker the day bumhunting becomes impossible. A great read: The Moment Everything Made Sense For Me in Poker | BlackRain79 - you have a choice of rakeback grinding or bumhunting, but the rakeback grind model is dying out so go for targeting particular players & particular tables. To do that you need an at-a-glance notes & colours scheme & an absolute determinination not to get stuck at a table with good or average players. The new targets these days are the nitty regs - loads of 'em about.

I can't watch videos because 98% [or more] of them are terribly poorly presented & boring. So it's books, playing loads & leakbuster that works for me

Leakbuster
    I mean that it requires a good deal of effort on your part to get better & programs like leakbuster can only point out your worst leaks - then it's up to you to figure out how to adjust which is a tough journey. Which part of your game to fix first & so on. I love leakbuster - best thing since sliced bread & such good value. Although I don't agree with every suggestion it makes - it's dependent on exact stake & site variables, but generally it's a very handy way of not lying to yourself about your play.

40 hrs per week
    Let us say that it's 7 hours a day. Then reduce your playing to 5 hours of playing the best possible tables & then give yourself 2 hours daily to review your key hands. During the review session you can also write notes in HM2 in the replayer. Those notes made in the daily review sessions are really, really valuable.

Regarding vids - this guy is simple, clear & his vids are short. He doesn't waste a minute & his early stuff is very good. All the principles are there & he's free of ego. Maybe beneath your ability/knowledge, but perfect for me :- https://www.youtube.com/user/thepokerbank/videos

mate this is fantastic info cant thank you enough i been getting more into the bum hunting this last week or so and its being paying off reasonably well i thought that dawned on me the other day is that you should be probably bum hunting across several sites. I attempted to read Janda book 3 times now same as you i had the pen and pencil out trying to take notes going back revising the part i read but its very tough read . So I'm more than happy to give your recommendations ago I completely agree that exploiting the regs is crucial also that reason was my principal reason for wanting to learn and understand HEM and my database it must be possible if you spent several hours per day studying each one you could tear them and learn about 20 of them inside out in a reasonable time scale.

Thanks again for the reply and the detailed response its very insightful

Find out how to mark interesting hands in HM2 live as you play them. Then they are easy to find & review in the replayer later on. I think there's a keyboard shortcut set up for it.

Another good exercise is to use leakbuster reports & filters to look at a particular type of hand that's costing you lots of money. Example might be where you open steal from the button & this bugger keeps 3-betting you from the SB or BB. Another example is exactly the reverse where you 3-Bet [or fail to 3-Bet] from the SB or BB - are you doing it enough, with the right cards against the right people?

That kind of exercise soon shows up where improvements can be made in your game.

GL & all that

Yeah i know how to mark the hands and ill begin running the reports tomorrow. I tried dropping you a private PM but it wont allow me. Do you play full time for a living ? wouldnt mind talking poker with you on a regular basis bumping ideas about and stuff.