Lost HEM 2 Database

Default Lost HEM 2 Database

Hello,

I have a Windows 10 PC with 12 gb of ram. Yesterday my HEM 2 was working fine, although I was having a disconcerting message on startup stating I had low memory. In response to this, I promptly opened my task manager, but the memory usage looked fine, so I ignored it. Today when I tried to use HEM 2 it wouldn't load. Then I closed all programs and loaded it up. Once it loaded it wouldn't accept my postgres password. I reset my postgres password because of this, and then everything loaded fine. However, now my database is not there, IT IS GONZO!I mocked a fish at the table the other day (for tilting at me), and now I fear I have been a victim of divine retribution. PLEASE HEM 2 warlocks (techies) say it isn't so! Naturally I would like to fix the problem if at all possible.

Sincerely, your incompetent and incapable friend, mygameispoke
    Last edited by mygameispoke; 01-31-2016 at 01:10 PM.

Is it not in the list of databases?

When you created the new one, did you name it something else?

Please see the FAQ below for a resolution to any PostgreSQL password issues
    Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Password Issues (PostgreSQL)

Please try to vacuum/analyze and reindex your database - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Database Manager (Ribbon)

If you continue to have problems, try the following:

Try creating a new DataBase and import a small portion of your \HM2Archive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How to create a new database and import previously played hands

If the new database seems to work properly, it sounds like your database might be corrupt. Please continue to use the new database and import the rest of your hands using the steps above. This is why regular backups are a good idea. If your database becomes corrupt you can restore a backup and only have to import the most recent hands (that were played after the backup was created) and edit any tournament results if necessary. I recommend keeping at least the most recent 2 or 3 backups in case the most recent one does not restore properly you can try the previous backup.

Here is a FAQ explaining how to backup your database and all settings in one easy step - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How does Backup and Restore Database, Settings and HUD configs work?
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
    Is it not in the list of databases?

When you created the new one, did you name it something else?

Please see the FAQ below for a resolution to any PostgreSQL password issues
    Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Password Issues (PostgreSQL)

Please try to vacuum/analyze and reindex your database - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Database Manager (Ribbon)

If you continue to have problems, try the following:

Try creating a new DataBase and import a small portion of your \HM2Archive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How to create a new database and import previously played hands

If the new database seems to work properly, it sounds like your database might be corrupt. Please continue to use the new database and import the rest of your hands using the steps above. This is why regular backups are a good idea. If your database becomes corrupt you can restore a backup and only have to import the most recent hands (that were played after the backup was created) and edit any tournament results if necessary. I recommend keeping at least the most recent 2 or 3 backups in case the most recent one does not restore properly you can try the previous backup.

Here is a FAQ explaining how to backup your database and all settings in one easy step - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How does Backup and Restore Database, Settings and HUD configs work?
    postgres will not boot up for me when I try to start it through services as per step 6. What should I do now?

Go to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.4.7-1\data, move the pg_hba file to the Desktop.
    2.Open it with notepad.
    3.Scroll to the bottom and change all md5 references to trust.
    4.Save and close the file.
    5.Move the file back to the data folder.
    6.Restart the PostgreSQL service: Control Panel → Administrative Tools → Services

Which Firewall and AntiVirus are you using?

This is usually a firewall or windows update issue and the following guide gives a step by step guide:
    Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Can not Connect / Failed to Start PostgreSQL

The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer and is required to install PostgreSQL. In some versions it is not started automatically and it will just give an error when trying to connect to PostgreSQL. You need to verify it is turned on via control panel > administrative tools > services > secondary logon > right-click > start AND right-click > properties and choose startup type: automatic so it will be started automatically next time your PC reboots.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    Which Firewall and AntiVirus are you using?

This is usually a firewall or windows update issue and the following guide gives a step by step guide:
    Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Can not Connect / Failed to Start PostgreSQL

The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer and is required to install PostgreSQL. In some versions it is not started automatically and it will just give an error when trying to connect to PostgreSQL. You need to verify it is turned on via control panel > administrative tools > services > secondary logon > right-click > start AND right-click > properties and choose startup type: automatic so it will be started automatically next time your PC reboots.
    Awesome, I got my connection back and my database! Thank you so much!

You are very welcome. Thank you for letting us know it solved your problems. It helps us when crafting future replies to other customers with similar problems.

Good luck at the tables. If you have any further questions or problems do not hesitate to ask us.