Lost all of my data!

Default Lost all of my data!

Can someone pls help... my laptop is dead... can't turn it on... is there any way to get my databases back and all hands, HUD settings, etc.??
    I can remove hard disk from laptop and connect it to another computer/laptop as an external disk...
    The biggest problem is that i don't have HH's in HM2 archive folder, but all other Holdem Manager and Postgres files are available. I didn't do any backup since using HEM...
    I know Pokerstars HH can be easily retrieved by sending e-mail to the support, but what about 888poker? Can they send me all my HH? I heard they send HH in some weird format which is useless.

Appreciate any kind of help!
    Thanks!

You can probably take out the drive and access it using one of these - Plugable USB 3.0 SATA Hard Drive Dock | Plugable

888 does not send valid HH's.

Please see this FAQ to transfer/backup data for the future:

Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: What Files Should I Backup to Protect my Holdem Manager?

This will ensure that you have your hand histories and HUD saved to import into a new computer, and as a backup to restore in case of an emergency. I recommend you do this at least once a month and keep the last 2 or 3 most recent backups (and your \HM2Archive folder) stored on an external drive and/or cloud storage site like dropbox or google drive.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

I have connected hard disk from my dead laptop to another computer. I was running HM2 on Windows 7 on my dead laptop, but new computer has Windows 8.1 installed and i haven't installed HM neither Postgres yet. What should i do next to open my HM2 and see my databases and possibly save hands and databases and do the backup? Keep in mind that i haven't made any backup since using HM and my HM2Archive folder is completely empty. I have 3 databases stored in C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\Da tabase\OldDataBaseName
    It has to be some way to get my data back. It's really important to me.
    Please help Chris!
    Last edited by Dejan_HR; 01-08-2016 at 07:26 PM.

You have to install HM and PG to access the databases.

Please see this FAQ to move your database to another drive. Please note this is an advanced article and we do not provide support for this method if you encounter issues but at the request of users we decided to make a FAQ for those who felt confident enough to try this method.

Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Move Database to Another Hard Drive or Partition

Otherwise, import the archive and move your configs folder and other folders and files:

Please see this FAQ to transfer/backup data:

Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: What Files Should I Backup to Protect my Holdem Manager?

This will ensure that you have your hand histories and HUD saved to import into a new computer, and as a backup to restore in case of an emergency. I recommend you do this at least once a month and keep the last 2 or 3 most recent backups (and your \HM2Archive folder) stored on an external drive and/or cloud storage site like dropbox or google drive.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Well, somehow i managed to get my databases back. Thanks for help!

You are very welcome. Thank you for letting us know it solved your problems. It helps us when crafting future replies to other customers with similar problems.

Good luck at the tables. If you have any further questions or problems do not hesitate to ask us.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)