Notecaddy sparks and notes no longer displayed

Default Notecaddy sparks and notes no longer displayed

Hello. I'm using the free Notecaddy integrated in HEM2 small-stakes version (version 2.0.0.8403) and I play on Ongame network (mostly, not on Pokerstars though, so it can't be that I think?)

For some reason I no longer get notecaddy sparks to show up when hovering the note icon on the HUD. I do have the Notecaddy enabled from HUD settings and the Notecaddy report window shows up just fine but the sparks aren't visible no matter what I try. This has started pretty recently but I can't exactly pinpoint when.

I've tried to reset Notecaddy to factory settings per the instructions on the wiki but for no avail. During this I also noticed that I don't have all the files mentioned in the wiki that you are supposed to delete, including:

caddylayout.xml
    notedefinitionslayout.xml
    colorDefinitionsLayout.xml

They do not seem to get generated even though I've restarted HM2 after flicking Notecaddy on and off multiple times.
    Also, NoteCaddyNotes directory is completely empty. I've also deleted NoteCaddyDefinitions but that didn't help either.

I'm at a total loss here, any help would be hugely appreciated. Also, I apologize for a possible accidental duplicate thread.

[Edit] I created a new Cloud database and after restarting HEM2 generated over 48k notes. Despite this there was no change to my situation.
    Last edited by ekhowl; 11-26-2015 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Some additional information

Any ideas? I'm starting to get pretty desperate. :-(

Also, wanna add that the rest of the files that you are supposed to delete for factory reset are there - only caddylayout.xml, notedefinitionslayout.xml and colordefinitionslayout.xml are missing.

No direction but to trust the final destination

Can you tell me what do you mean with

I created a new Cloud database
    what is a cloud database?

Also make sure you're running the latest stable build How to make sure you have the very latest NoteCaddy build - Assaultware Wiki and for HM2 make sure you have the latest as well.

The changes you described should make notes re-generate but for the free version it's a very slow process in order to avoid performance impacts to HEM. It could be they're being created but not finished yet
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

Quote Originally Posted by sreticentv View Post
    Can you tell me what do you mean with

what is a cloud database?
    I just meant that I unlinked my current database from the cloud (HM Sync menu) and made a new one with a different name, then synced it. After a restart HEM2 created around 48,000 notes (indicated by a text and bar on the bottom of the HEM2 window), and it indeed took a very long time but it eventually finished. Still, nothing changed. Mind you, this was long after the notecaddy-related notes stopped showing so this can't be the root of the problem.

I've also gone through loads and loads of opponents in the Opponents-menu of Holdem Manager and it doesn't show any generated notes - the "Notecaddy"-tab is empty without exception.

Also make sure you're running the latest stable build How to make sure you have the very latest NoteCaddy build - Assaultware Wiki and for HM2 make sure you have the latest as well.
    I did this with the both methods: first I ran the Notecaddy-updater in the HEM2 folder, didn't change anything. Then I downloaded the Notecaddy.latest.zip and extracted it to the appropriate folder, didn't change anything. :-( And I've clicked the "check for updates" plenty of times, and it says I'm running the latest version.

The changes you described should make notes re-generate but for the free version it's a very slow process in order to avoid performance impacts to HEM. It could be they're being created but not finished yet
    Well, unless it takes several days without any indication from HEM2 that it's going on, I don't think it's this. I've also tried re-installing HEM2 completely also which didn't seem to help. I'm also pretty confused as to why some of the XML files aren't showing (but some are) in the $appdata/Roaming/Holdem Manager -folder. So something is definitely going on.

I want to also clarify, that Notecaddy report window shows lots of notes being taken but I just can't get them to show in the notes or popups in general. I'm completely out of ideas at this point. And making a completely new database and starting from scratch doesn't sound very appealing.

Is there anything I can still try to fix this issue? I've tried setting the proper directories to non-read only and assigned my user account rights to do everything in those directories.

Would it be possible for me to download the missing XML files and those alone (caddylayout.xml, notedefinitionslayout.xml and colordefinitionslayout.xml), seeing as they don't get generated no matter what I try.

No direction but to trust the final destination

Thank you for your patience. Those files aren't generated for the free version since you can't use the notecaddy screens where those files are needed. Since this change occurred after some database change, I can only recommend to create a new database and import the hands there. With no access to the NC screens you can't do My notes or a single definition's notes aren't showing up as I expect them to! - Assaultware Wiki

Creating the new database is really the last thing I can suggest
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

Thank you for the quick answer. I'll give this a go as soon as I can and report back.

Ok so, I'm pretty concerned and confused now. I installed HEM2 on a completely fresh computer (had to reset my computer to factory settings) and created a brand new database. Despite this Notecaddy doesn't show the notes on the HUD or popups, even though it's definitely turned on in the HUD settings. Notecaddy report window shows notes being generated constantly ("player playes flush aggressively $successprocent$ times", "player limps with 66 early position" et cetera) but the note icon stays blank on the HUD.

Could this be an Ongame (RedKings) issue? Has anyone else experienced anything like this? There is nothing I can do? Currently I can't even try Holdem Manager on another network. It's just weird, all I can say. :-(