Loading all hands on start but not showing all hands in reports

Default Loading all hands on start but not showing all hands in reports

Hi everybody,

I have a strange, annoying problem with HM2. When I start HM2 it loads all hands (1.5 million), but since a couple of days it only shows me only the hands from max 2 days ago in reports. I give an example.
    When I go on reports -> tournament results, clear all filters (so it should show all tournament results from a couple years), it only shows me the tournament results since a few days ago. This happened suddenly. Another problem is that I can't see all hands from my opponents in HM replayer, but if I go on opponents and target search one of them it shows all the hand I played with him. So it seems it's the same problem in HM replayer, that it only shows the hands of the last 2 or 3 days.

All problems I currently have happened, because I tried to maintenance my database (wished I never tried that ) to make it run faster. When it was done it was not able to open anything, so I had to reinstall postgres + made a new database and imported all my old hands from hm2 archive folder into the new database. It worked a couple of weeks I could see anything in my reports, but now I have suddenly the problems I described above. Please help me, it's very important for me to have everything working correctly.

Thx

Which version of postgresql are you using and what site(s) are the hands from?

Try creating a new DataBase and import a small portion of your \HM2Archive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How to create a new database and import previously played hands

If the new database seems to work properly, it sounds like your database might be corrupt. This is why regular backups are a good idea. If your database becomes corrupt you can restore a backup and only have to import the most recent hands (that were played after the backup was created) and edit any tournament results if necessary.

Here is a FAQ explaining how to backup your database and all settings in one easy step - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How does Backup and Restore Database, Settings and HUD configs work?

If you continue to have problems:

Please enable the Settings > Feature Logging > [x] 'Analysis' and [x] 'ReportStats' options and increase the Max number of log files option to 10 so old logs are saved with date/time stamps.

You can also enable this before you launch HM2 from the Start Menu - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Feature Logging

Please reproduce the problem and attach your \HM2Logs folder with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How Do I Send a Log File to Holdem Manager Support?

Please zip and email the requested file via the 'Contact Support' link here - https://support.holdemmanager.com/ - with a link to this thread and your forum name.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    Which version of postgresql are you using and what site(s) are the hands from?

Try creating a new DataBase and import a small portion of your \HM2Archive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How to create a new database and import previously played hands

If the new database seems to work properly, it sounds like your database might be corrupt. This is why regular backups are a good idea. If your database becomes corrupt you can restore a backup and only have to import the most recent hands (that were played after the backup was created) and edit any tournament results if necessary.

Here is a FAQ explaining how to backup your database and all settings in one easy step - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How does Backup and Restore Database, Settings and HUD configs work?

If you continue to have problems:

Please enable the Settings > Feature Logging > [x] 'Analysis' and [x] 'ReportStats' options and increase the Max number of log files option to 10 so old logs are saved with date/time stamps.

You can also enable this before you launch HM2 from the Start Menu - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Feature Logging

Please reproduce the problem and attach your \HM2Logs folder with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How Do I Send a Log File to Holdem Manager Support?

Please zip and email the requested file via the 'Contact Support' link here - https://support.holdemmanager.com/ - with a link to this thread and your forum name.

Thanks for your quick answer! I'm using postgressql 1.10.5. I create a new database right now and there comes another question. Is it normal that it took so long to import a few hands? I import the hands of 1 month and it imports only 80 hands/sec. If I do it with my whole hand history it should took days... And when I was creating the new database before the crash and I tried to import the whole hm2 archive folder at once, HM2 freezed. Do I have to import folder after folder?

Thx

Thanks for your quick answer! I'm using postgressql 1.10.5. I create a new database right now and there comes another question. Is it normal that it took so long to import a few hands? I import the hands of 1 month and it imports only 80 hands/sec. If I do it with my whole hand history it should took days... And when I was creating the new database before the crash and I tried to import the whole hm2 archive folder at once, HM2 freezed. Do I have to import folder after folder?

Thx

Now it's down to 60 hands/second !

There comes another question to my mind...when I create a new database and import the hands from hm2 archive, are my player notes that I made over the years there? Or are they gone now and I can't do anything? Means is EVERYTHING saved in the HH History Files in the HM2 archive folder?

8.2 is the earliest version of Postgres that's been around in our time. What's the version you have? We recommend 9.0, 9.2 or 9.4 if you want a newer one. 9.1 was very unstable in our experience.

You can backup just the notes and restore in the new database.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

I have Version 8.4! Is it better to upgrade to the newest Version? What are the advantages, is it faster or more stable? If I upgrade to 9.4 do I have to uninstall my old version before and create a new database then?
    Are the notes saved in the hand history? When you say I can backup just the notes what do you mean? My question was if my notes are away cause I lost my old database, or if they are saved in the hm2 archive folder!? Thanks for your help man!

You can use 8.4. There's not going to be much of a difference if you upgrade.

Notes aren't in the archive. You should backup things regularly in case of emergencies.

Please see this FAQ to transfer/backup data:

Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: What Files Should I Backup to Protect my Holdem Manager?

This will ensure that you have your hand histories and HUD saved to import into a new computer, and as a backup to restore in case of an emergency.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)