How the ev/bb is calculated with filters

Default How the ev/bb is calculated with filters

I am currently doing worse than -.5bb/hand and -1bb/h in the sb and bb and I am trying to filter in which situations I am losing more than I should. I am however unsure how preflop action filters are calculated. For example if I input 3bet pre yes, does it calculate the ev after the 3bet amount has been put in or he total ev of those hands before any money has been put in. Same for raises and vpip/no pfr, is that the ev before the preflop money has been put in or after

I have escalated your issue to our 2nd level support techs and they will respond to your email as soon as possible.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

All the "EV" stats only take into account all-in equity in hands where an all-in situation occurs.

Filtering for the blinds, make sure you use the additional filter VPIP = TRUE.
    So only hands are used where the small blind completes, and hands where the big blind either calls a raise preflop, and/or puts money into the pot postflop.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    All the "EV" stats only take into account all-in equity in hands where an all-in situation occurs.

Filtering for the blinds, make sure you use the additional filter VPIP = TRUE.
    So only hands are used where the small blind completes, and hands where the big blind either calls a raise preflop, and/or puts money into the pot postflop.
    sorry I actually didn't mean to focus on that, could have just used the bb/100. My point is, does it take every hand from the start with a preflop filter? Or for instance once the hand has been raised, is the bb/100 taken from the raise size (let's say I open 3x the bb, then I would have to do better than 300bb/100h to be profitable). Or is it just shown from the beginning (so for every filter, if they show up positively, taking into account the posting of blinds of course, I am profiting if above 0bb/100)

The amount won is the amount you win from the pot. If you want to compare, you'd compare the profit to folding.

So if you are in the CO and raise to 3bb, and your winnings are 2.1bb/100, then it is more profitable than folding, which profits 0bb/100.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)