Can't Install Recent Version of Postgre or connect older version with HM2

Default Can't Install Recent Version of Postgre or connect older version with HM2

Ok last week I had HM2 working perfect, but with some slow problems and then I figured it was time to use an SSD...

I sent my pc to technician for a cleanup, install SSD and reinstall everything (even Windows) and when it came back I got some problems while trying to install PostgreSQL

I already tried:

Install the package Postgre+HM, but i get the message "Sorry, could not install PostgreSQL"

Followed this steps Two Plus Two Poker Forums - View Single Post - Holdem Manager Support
    Yeah reinstalled the .net framework and visual c++

Uninstalled postgre and tried to install from here Download PostgreSQL | EnterpriseDB version 9.0, 9,2 and 9,4 uninstalling and then installing again each version...

I Am using Windows 8 and I tried everything without any Antivirus and with the fireall not working...

While trying to install postgre via Enterprisedb it was always the same errors:
    "Failed to load SQL modules into the database clustes"
    and later after clicking ok

it shows a problem with the postgresql.conf located at data

I have only one account and it is running as administrator... Also I already managed the UAC configuration to its minimum...

I also managed to install Postgre 8.3 and later the HM2, but then the connection wasn't established...

I have pretty much tried many things I found here at the forum, but I hope you guys can give me any light or help via TeamViewer...

So which way is better?

I got already lots of headache and lost many hours with this problem...

Here is a guide to help with issues with Windows 8 and HM. This is applicable to Windows 10 as well, since it is essentially 8.

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/gene...ade-guide.html

Make sure windows is fully updated until 'No New Important Updates are Found' (this may require multiple restarts and multiple 'check for updates'), including Internet Explorer (even if you use a different web browser).

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using? Many of those free Norton, Mcaffee, Comodo, Zonealarm, Avira, Avast, AVG, Bitdefender, etc, 'internet security' bundles can cause communication issues between Holdem Manager and PostgreSQL.

Please do the following steps, so we can get your computer to a state that we know will work with Holdem Manager and we can rule out it being a security software issue:

1) Uninstall any 3rd party security software bundles completely. Disabling them never fully disables them and they will continue to prevent communication in the background.
    2) Reboot your computer
    3) Enable Windows Firewall's recommended settings through your Control Panel, turn off Windows Defender, and add firewall exceptions for HM and SQL - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Windows Firewall / Defender Problems
    4) Install Microsoft Security Essentials for antivirus/malware protection and update it - Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows We have found this security software works without issue with Holdem Manager in the vast majority of cases, With Windows 8 its installed as part of the operating system already.

Please see the following guides for postgres related issues if you have further issues after installing.

When installing, you may encounter an error referring to the database initialization. If so follow this part of the FAQ below:
    Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Can not Connect / Failed to Start PostgreSQL

For other security software see here:
    Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Software Security Problems (Firewall)
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Hey Chris. I've done all that...
    Windows is fully update (just didn't update to windows 10 because of what others said about it...)

I unistalled the antivirus justo to download Postgre and it didn't work...

Also turned off firewall and windows defender...

I'm not sure what do you mean by 3rd party security software bundles... CCleaner is one of them? Besides that I don't have anything "similar" to security...

I didnt't install Microsoft Security Essentils, but I'm pretty sure this wouldn't make the download better...

I have pretty much this same problem when trying to install postgre from postgre.org : Failed to load sql modules into the database cluster during PostgreSQL Installation - Stack Overflow

But I tried creating new account, installing postgre directly at c:/ instead of inside Program Files

I also tried this steps http://forums.holdemmanager.com/gene...on-failed.html

But wile running with the account postgres it appeared the same errors...

PostGreSQL fail - alone install - fail to load sql modules into the database cluster.pngPostGreSQL fail - alone install - fail postgresql.conf.png

Which Operating System, Firewall, and AntiVirus are you using?

Many of those free Norton, Mcaffee, Comodo, Zonealarm, Avira, Avast, AVG, Bitdefender, etc, 'internet security' bundles will not work well with Holdem Manager.

Please do the following steps, so we can get your computer to a state that we know will work with Holdem Manager:

1) Uninstall any 3rd party security software bundles.
    2) Reboot your computer
    3) Uninstall HM2 and then Reinstall HM2 from this file http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...er_2_Setup.exe
    4) After downloading, right-click the file, go to properties and click unblock. Then, right click the file and run as administrator to complete the reinstall.
    5) Enable Windows Firewall's recommended settings through your Control Panel, turn off Windows Defender, and add firewall exceptions for HM and SQL - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Software Security Problems (Firewall)
    6) Install Microsoft Security Essentials for antivirus/malware protection and update it - Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows

If you continue to have problems:

Make sure windows is fully updated until 'No New Important Updates are Found' (this may require multiple restarts and multiple 'check for updates'), including Internet Explorer (even if you use a different web browser).

1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.

2) Delete the \PostgreSQL\X.x\data folder that is left behind.

3) Delete the sub-folder(s) in c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\HoldemManager\Da tabase (XP - c:\documents and settings\username\application data\HoldemManager\Database).

4) run the command - start > programs > accessories > command prompt > right-click > run as administrator

net user postgres /delete

After you click 'Enter' for the code above also do that same for this code:

sc delete postgresql-8.4

and click 'Enter' again.

5) Restart your PC

6) Install PostgreSQL 9.0 or 9.2 from postgresql.org

7) Once installed you should disable the postgresql logging as instructed here - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Large Log Files

If there is still an issue, we need to know the error - it is in the temp folder - bitrockinstaller.txt file. If you can't see it, turn off the windows option that is hiding that directory. FAQ - Hold'em Manager (HM1) Poker Tracking Software :: How to See Hidden Files in Windows

I use win 8 with 240gb SSD and 1TB HD and 12 gb ram

Antivirus are unninstalled and firewall/defenders disabled...

I think you didn't read what I wrote... Pretty much did all that you wrote in last post even before you posted.

Also you wrote many things for me to make HM2 work, but my problem is with POSTGRE!!!

My problem is between 2nd part of steps at the installation of Postgre...

Im gonna search for the txt file and send in few moments

I'm trying to sent the bitcokinstaller txt file, but I get an error from the forum...

"Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.
    Holdem Manager Forums"

The txt is pretty big and in the beggining it repeats many unpacking and it seem pretty standard...

I am sending the last past after the unpacking. If this forum gives me permission to send more contect (its pretty big this txt file), then I send the whole thing later

Unpacking C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.2\symbols\vacuumlo.pdb
    Unpacking C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.2\symbols\zic.pdb
    [12:32:37] Running the post-installation/upgrade actions:
    [12:32:37] Write the base directory to the ini file...
    [12:32:37] Write the version number to the ini file...
    Initialising the database cluster (this may take a few minutes)...
    Executing cscript //NoLogo "C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/9.2/installer/server/initcluster.vbs" "NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService" "postgres" "****" "C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/9.2" "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.2\data" 5432 "DEFAULT" 0
    Script exit code: 0

Script output:
    WScript.Shell Initialized...
    Scripting.FileSystemObject initialized...

Called CreateDirectory(C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.2\data)...
    Called CreateDirectory(C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.2)...
    WScript.Network initialized...
    strParentOfDataDirC:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.2
    logged in userERIK\E R I K
    Called AclCheck(C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.2\data)
    Called IsVistaOrNewer()...
    'winmgmts' object initialized...
    Version:6.3
    MajorVersion:6
    Executing icacls to ensure the ERIK\E R I K account can read the path C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.2\data
    Executing batch file 'rad98864.bat'...
    Ensuring we can write to the data directory (using icacls) to ERIK\E R I K:
    Reading: objConfFile is nothing...
    Writing: objConfFile is nothing...
    Called AclCheck(C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.2\data)
    Executing icacls to ensure the NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService account can read the path C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.2\data
    Granting service account access to the data directory (using icacls) to NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService:
    initcluster.vbs ran to completion

Script stderr:

Configuring database server startup...
    Executing cscript //NoLogo "C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/9.2\installer\server\startupcfg.vbs" 9.2 "NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService" "****" "C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/9.2" "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.2\data" "postgresql-x64-9.2"

Script output:
    startupcfg.vbs ran to completion

Script stderr:

Creating menu shortcuts...
    Executing cscript //NoLogo "C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/9.2\installer\server\createshortcuts.vbs" 9.2 "postgres" 5432 "PostgreSQL 9.2" "C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/9.2" "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.2\data" "postgresql-x64-9.2"

Script output:
    Start FixupFile(C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/9.2\scripts\serverctl.vbs)...
    Opening file for reading...
    Closing file (reading)...
    Replacing placeholders...
    Opening file for writing...
    Closing file...
    End FixupFile()...
    Start FixupFile(C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/9.2\scripts\runpsql.bat)...
    Opening file for reading...
    Closing file (reading)...
    Replacing placeholders...
    Opening file for writing...
    Closing file...
    End FixupFile()...
    createshortcuts.vbs ran to completion

Script stderr:

Starting the database server...
    Executing cscript //NoLogo "C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/9.2\installer\server\startserver.vbs" postgresql-x64-9.2

Script output:
    startserver.vbs ran to completion

Script stderr:

[12:32:44] Installing the adminpack module in the postgres database...
    Executing C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/9.2\bin\psql.exe -c "CREATE EXTENSION adminpack" -d postgres
    Script exit code: 2

Script output:

Script stderr:
    psql: não pôde conectar ao servidor: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)
    O servidor está executando na máquina "localhost" (::1) e aceitando
    conexões TCP/IP na porta 5432?
    não pôde conectar ao servidor: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)
    O servidor está executando na máquina "localhost" (127.0.0.1) e aceitando
    conexões TCP/IP na porta 5432?

Failed to load SQL modules into the database cluster.
    [12:32:48] Write the data directory to the ini file...
    [12:32:48] Write the port number, service ID, locale and superuser to the ini file...
    [12:32:48] Write ServiceID(postgresql-x64-9.2) to registry/ini...
    Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly
    Error reading file C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/9.2/data/postgresql.conf
    Creating Uninstaller
    Creating uninstaller 25%
    Creating uninstaller 50%
    Creating uninstaller 75%
    Creating uninstaller 100%
    Installation completed
    Log finished 10/12/2015 at 12:32:52