Which of these SSD's is the better one ?

Default Which of these SSD's is the better one ?

I just build a new pc but it still needs a good SSD I wanted to buy an intel 750. But now I saw today that Samsung also has a newer SSD which has more GB and cost less but it has lower IOps stats, the reading and writing is a little better also.

Intel® SSD 750 Series (400GB, 1/2 Height PCIe 3.0, 20nm, MLC) Specifications
    Samsung SSD 850 PRO Specifications | Samsung SSD

Here are the specs of the two compared: Comparison table | Hardware.Info United States

I should probably wait till the Samsung is actually available and both are benchmarked, but your opinion can't hurt.

Hmmm I found this about it: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answer...-nvme-ssd.html
    Last edited by pmania; 10-09-2015 at 02:29 PM.

I just purchased an 850 for my laptop and like it. Fozzy is a fan of the Intels.

Random echoed what my first thoughts on this were - if you don't care about price, the Intel is going to be better in performance. If you want to spend less money, go with the Samsung (I paid $80 USD for 512). But you won't notice a huge difference with HM2, or most likely a lot of other programs.

I also passed this thread along to Patvs to see if he has any thoughts. He keeps up to date on a lot of specific hardware more than I do.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Samsung outperforms Intel in most benchmarks.

Key is:
    -don't focus on the advertised sequential read/write speeds.
    -look for a proper IOps (or 4K read/write speed) benchmark test.
    -if the speeds are very similar, go for cheapest $/GB
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    Samsung outperforms Intel in most benchmarks.

Key is:
    -don't focus on the advertised sequential read/write speeds.
    -look for a proper IOps (or 4K read/write speed) benchmark test.
    -if the speeds are very similar, go for cheapest $/GB

Samsung 950 pro 512 GB vs Intel 750 400 GB - Storage Solutions - Linus Tech Tips

What is more important 4k read or write when working with a big base (filtering, etc)? Random Performance - The Samsung 950 Pro PCIe SSD Review (256GB and 512GB) intel is better in writing, 950 pro in reading.

The faster write speed will help with importing a large amount of hands. Reading will be better while pulling the data.

I really don't think you would notice that much of a difference.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)