HM2 freezes - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HM2 freezes

HM2 Shark Tank Member

Posgres, is it possible to use a newer version of 9.2? 9.5 is out.

After you click 'Enter' for the code above also do that same for this code:

sc delete postgresql-8.4
    After I pasted it, I got this message:
    "[SC] OpenService FAILED 1060:

The specified service does not exist as an installed service."

3) Delete the sub-folder(s) in c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\HoldemManager\Da tabase
    Are these folder not required in order to have a fully functional DB? What is the purpose of these?
    Last edited by Shloogy; 10-09-2015 at 02:26 PM.

You can use a newer version. The even numbers seem to have less issues. I know 9.1 was very problematic. 9.3 didn't seem to be the current version long.

You won't notice a lot of difference in newer version performance.

Did you reinstall Postgres after that? In new versions, remember that the Postgres user is now called Network Service.

You do need those files, but if you delete Postgres and the PG DB, you'll need to start fresh as you'll only have half of the DB files.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

HM2 Shark Tank Member

I launched HM and it did not recognize the database at all.
    I had to create a new DB, and "restore" the old DB from the backup.

Now what do I do with the old DBs left overs?

Delete them if you've followed Fozzy's steps.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

HM2 Shark Tank Member

Quote Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
    Delete them if you've followed Fozzy's steps.
    Let me clarify as I think the question was not understood:

I have followed each and every step.
    Neither of the steps instructed to delete my existing DBs, only the postgres version.
    After uninstalling and installing a new version (9.2) I was not able to find and connect to the DB.

Since I did not want to waste anymore time, I've restored my backedup DB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shloogy View Post
    Let me clarify as I think the question was not understood:

I have followed each and every step.
    Neither of the steps instructed to delete my existing DBs, only the postgres version.
    After uninstalling and installing a new version (9.2) I was not able to find and connect to the DB.

Since I did not want to waste anymore time, I've restored my backedup DB.

Delete any databases in c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\HoldemManager\Da tabase (XP - c:\documents and settings\username\application data\HoldemManager\Database) that do match your HM2 Database manager > Database Info list and search your C:\ drive for any old \postgresql folders with date/times in the folder name (postgresql leaves them behind in case you are trying to reconnect them like I instructed). They could be right on the root of C:\, in program files, or program files (x86). Depending on what you did when trying to reconnect your old database that \data folder's \data\base\ folder could have folder with an OID number in it that does not match any of your currently connected databases. If you have any questions please post screen shots of what you think you can delete along with a screen shot of your pgadmin window showing the database names and OID numbers of each connected database in pgadmin > properties tab.

windirstat is a good program for finding large folders taking up space as well.

HM2 Shark Tank Member

Update:
    I've done changes according to the suggestion, however the freezes still occurs.

Update:
    I've done changes according to the suggestion, however the freezes still occurs.
    Did any of the workaround suggestions in post #2 help at all?

If you continue to have problems please email us a new set of log files with a link to this thread.

Please reproduce the problem and zip/attach/email your HM2Logs folder with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing, with a link to this thread, to hm2support@holdemmanager.com - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How Do I Send a Log File to Holdem Manager Support?

HM2 Shark Tank Member

Did any of the workaround suggestions in post #2 help at all?
    I still encounter freezes from time to time, although at a lesser frequency.
    I'd like to emphasize that these freezes are unacceptable and although it has been improved, I'm sill unsatisfied and would like to solve it completely.

I've attached new log file:
    HM2logs.rar

I still encounter freezes from time to time, although at a lesser frequency.
    I'd like to emphasize that these freezes are unacceptable and although it has been improved, I'm sill unsatisfied and would like to solve it completely.

I've attached new log file:
    HM2logs.rar
    Thank you for posting the logs. I see that you have a few different problems according to your HM2 Alert Viewer - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: HM2 Alert Viewer System

Please click on the red/yellow flag icon in the HM2 status bar and check each error message. To solve each problem you will need to click on the blue question mark icon in the Alert Viewer window to be directed to the solution FAQ.

Please see this FAQ to clear up some more free space - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: I'm Running Out of Disk Space

Make sure that the Site Time Adjustment is properly configured such that the Time Stamp in the Reports for the hand matches your local windows clock time - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Options / Hand Importing / Site Time Adjustment

Please update to the latest beta version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...ger_2_Beta.exe

After downloading, right-click the file, go to properties and click unblock. Then, right click the file and run as administrator to complete the reinstall.

I also see some database errors in the log file that indicates your database could be damaged or corrupted:

Please try to vacuum/analyze and reindex your database - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Database Manager (Ribbon)

If you continue to have problems, try the following:

Try creating a new DataBase and import a small portion of your \HM2Archive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How to create a new database and import previously played hands

If the new database seems to work properly, it sounds like your database might be corrupt. This is why regular backups are a good idea. If your database becomes corrupt you can restore a backup and only have to import the most recent hands (that were played after the backup was created) and edit any tournament results if necessary.

Here is a FAQ explaining how to backup your database and all settings in one easy step - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How does Backup and Restore Database, Settings and HUD configs work?

If none of the above steps helped please send a \HM2Logs folder via email to hm2support@holdemmanager.com with a link to this thread.