HM2 hyper SNG EV question

Default HM2 hyper SNG EV question

The following situation: 1.5 $ BI 6max hyper SNG

blinds are 75/150 ante 15

hero in BB with 539 chips remaining after blind is posted, villain with 77 shoves BTN 979 total stack 2nd villain in SB has 1212 after posting the blinds reshoves with 98o - he wins the hand and knocks out the 1st villain - my EV diff for this hand says '-0.55$' - why? is that a mistake? the hand before I lost less EV for winning a flip and now I'm not even involved and I lost more!

thank you in advance

P.S - on a side note, I've just noticed that from time to time some of my MTTs which have 2000+ fields get identified as 18mans @ regular speed - why?
    Last edited by epicwin; 09-22-2015 at 09:20 AM.

I have escalated your issue to our 2nd level support techs and they will respond to your email as soon as possible.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

There are 3 different scenario's:

-1. You win a flip (where you were a huge favorite): this will always result in a negative EV Diff (EV Difference).
    This doesn't mean you weren't a favorite (your "EV" is positive).
    But How Much You Should Have Won ($EV) = How Much you Win ($Won) - EV Diff.
    Similarly, if you lose a flip - the hand will always result in a positive EV Diff.

-2 Two players at the table go allin against each other. You aren't even involved in the hand (you folded!), yet the hand results in a EV Diff for you.
    This EV Diff only occurs in STTs (not in cashgames). It's because the outcome of the hand, immediately affects you.
    98o vs 77: if 98o wins, a player is eliminated, which is beneficial to you. (often this will result you're automatically in the money, or closer to the money, or you make a pay jump)
    If the player with 77 doubles up, this is bad for you. (this would have resulted in a positive EV Diff for you)

-3 There are many other special situations/exceptions, described here: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/mana...ituations.html (in post #4)

----

Speed / Field Size / (Buyin) / (Finish Position) - wrongly detected: Are you also importing the tournament summaries into HM2? Please view this FAQ to make sure you are setting up HM2 and Stars correctly. - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ourney Summary

If the summaries are being imported properly and there is still a problem, please send the hand histories and tournament summaries in which this issue occurs and send it to hm2support@holdemmanager.com with a link to this thread.

If you don't play on PokerStars, let us know on which site/network you do play, but then most likely there is no summary file, and the pokerclient doesn't write this information to the handhistory file.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

thank you for the EV explanation, I've send the summaries via mail (which is also connected to another problem I currently have(regarding zoom hud) so I just merged the 2 problems within that mail instead of just sending 2 separate mails)

Quote Originally Posted by epicwin View Post
    thank you for the EV explanation, I've send the summaries via mail (which is also connected to another problem I currently have(regarding zoom hud) so I just merged the 2 problems within that mail instead of just sending 2 separate mails)
    Did you include the hand history files as well as the summaries? The summaries won't do us any good with out the hands.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    Did you include the hand history files as well as the summaries? The summaries won't do us any good with out the hands.
    yes I've included the handhistory files as well - basically everything that was in the HM2archieve folder - or is there something more you need as well?

I forwarded this to Pat to look into.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)