NoteCaddy 2.6 (BETA) - What he knows throws the blows
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    No direction but to trust the final destination

Default NoteCaddy 2.6 (BETA) - What he knows throws the blows

Changes demanded by PokerStars are now included in NoteCaddy. The rest of this post tries to explain how the above document was interpreted by NoteCaddy.
    All additions are compliant with the new rules. For the modified pokerstars rules, players on sites that are not owned by Amaya will not be affected. That means badges, graphs, and "opportunity by range" will keep working as long as permitted.

The new features will work on all sites.

New Badges

The following are available to be added to the HUD

NC.LastVPIPHands - shows a NoteCaddy instant replay popup with the last hands where a player performed a VPIP

NC.LastShowdownHands - shows a NoteCaddy instant replay popup with the last hands where a player showed down and the cards were in the hand history file (some sites like WPN don't save mucked hands)

NC.PlayerTags - Allows you to manually tag a player with as many badges as you want. Since this is not an automatic process it will still be permitted by pokerstars.

For the instant replay windows, the amount of hands shown can now be customized in file->settings->database settings. This was requested quite a few times and will change the amount of hands shown in any instant replay, even the ones associated with notes.

The instant replay can also be embedded directly into the note now. For some stats it could be a nice way to convey information but the instant replay is big so you could really only show one note in the popup. This will work on any site.

On pokerstars and full tilt any embedded graphs won't show up anymore. However, on non Amaya sites you can still embed the heat map and now the post flop pie chart directly to the note. As many people preferred the original pie chart, it can now be used in place of the newer, sleeker, pie chart. This is done via file->settings->note settings->use classic pie chart.

Any badge can now have a popup associated with it. You can show custom popups with a badge now so it shows instead of the one NoteCaddy generates. You will still be able to add any badge for pokerstars but it has to appear for all users. You could create a badge with a color definition and then not specify any filter conditions. The badge then appears for all users and you could specify a popup for it.

Aliases

Aliases are a great feature in HM2 that allow you to analyze groups of players as if they were a single player http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...B47%7D+Aliases

You can now generate an alias from any color definition directly from NoteCaddy

This will allow you to easily add groups of players then analyze them in HM2. NoteCaddy also lets you look at notes from aliases now via tools->note history. You can see aggregate data for portions of the player pool doing this.

A new tab in tools->player notes allows you to do a player versus player comparison. This allows you to compare the notes of both players. Highlighted are both the difference in the % value of each note but also the net profit for each player. This is a great way to see how playing different ranges in situations can change wins and losses.

Note Synchronization

Color coding note files is a popular feature in NoteCaddy but it's always been possible to send your full NoteCaddy notes to PokerStars. This has been unpopular because there are likely to be so many notes for each player that it becomes a useless wall of text. Not there is an "abridged" mode where only a few of the notes are sent over. This will allow you to see only a small amount of notes right in pokerstars. As this process cannot be run while PokerStars is open, it is compliant with their new rules.

Change of net profit calculation in notes

Previously the net won/lost was calculated for each note was calculated as the total amount won or lost in the hands where a player got a 1/1 SUCCESS for a note. This made the number very hard to put into a meaningful context. For example a player who 3bets 1% of the time would very likely get a high profit for a 3bet note since he's only raising very strong hands. The insinuation there having been that a lower number is better which is misleading and not useful.

Now the profit is calculated in a more useful way, hopefully. Profit is counted from the last action a player performed the last action that was filtered by the note definition.

For example, if we have a definition for "calls river bet" and we have some hand

Deal River [XXX] pot: $100
    enemy: bets $50
    hero: calls $50

enemy wins
    hero mucks

Assuming this was heads up and no one else contributed to the pot, it would show for the old system:

hero loses $100

new system:

Hero loses $50

The reason for the difference is because with the new system, it ignores the $50 the player put in the pot prior the last action he committed.

If the player had won, it would have recorded +$150 as the win because there were $150 in the pot when the player had to call.

If we had folded the old system would have marked it as -$50 for what we lost in the whole hand. However, the new system will put it as $0 for the reasoning described above.
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

Very nice add-ons: thank you very much.

Just two things:
    Last Showdown hands always shows 0 for me.
    If we could implement our own badges to tag manually, it would be great. I find the default tags too colorful and therefore a bit confusing. If you want, I could share with you the system that I use, which I find is very clearly arranged and easy to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Bela View Post
    Very nice add-ons: thank you very much.
    Thank you for trying the beta

Just two things:
    Last Showdown hands always shows 0 for me.
    Just last showdown or also last VPIP hands too?

If we could implement our own badges to tag manually, it would be great. I find the default tags too colorful and therefore a bit confusing. If you want, I could share with you the system that I use, which I find is very clearly arranged and easy to understand.
    Any image file in

C:\Users\[your_windows_login]\appdata\Roaming\HoldemManager\NoteCaddyBadges

will appear on that menu
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

Last VPIP also showing 0 hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Bela View Post
    If you want, I could share with you the system that I use, which I find is very clearly arranged and easy to understand.
    welcome to share your system

Practically we deal with aggressiveness and calliness. Either they are average or too aggressive/cally or too passive/tight.
    So I use 3 different background colors for aggression: Red as too aggressive, yellow average, blue passive.
    And 3 different background colors for calliness: Green as calls too often, orange average, pink folds too often.
    Than we have 3 streets: for river the background is clean, for flop I have a white line at the bottom, and for turn a white line at the top. But as I have flop, turn, river and their badges in different blocks, this is only to be sure they are at the right place. If you have the badges all together at the bottom of your stats than I would use a different system for flop, turn, river, cause badges do a bit overlap and you might not see the white lines.
    Now you can use different combinations of alphabets: For example you take a green back ground and add 'C', meaning he is a calling station or a red background and FL, meaning he float bets aggressively. Than I use 'i' for notes when villain has position and 'o' when villain is out of position: For example "Fo" on a pink background means he folds to cbet too often oop.
    Using Alphabets makes everything easy to understand/remember: Bet/Fold 'BF', Donks light 'DL' or just a 'D' on a red background.
    Than I use 2 different shades of brown for badges based on hand values (plays them aggressively or passively) and I use white for preflop badges. For example White background and "CPP" means cold calls too many weak paired hands: in PLO it means he is a set miner. Or white background and 'BB' in pink, meaning he folds too often BB to Steal.
    Usually only a look at the colors will tell you if villain is Tight-aggressive on the flop or a Passive-Station etc.
    I use 'paint' to create badges: Very easy to make and nice colors.
    Last edited by Bela; 09-24-2015 at 04:45 AM.

A new build has been uploaded with some fixes http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloa...ager2Setup.exe

Still shows only 0 Hands, but something did go wrong when installing. First it did stop at installing PartyPoker communicator than, I tried it again and ignored the errors installing different sites communicators. So I don't know if the new version of notecaddy installed correctly.

"Any badge can now have a popup associated with it."
    I couldn't figure out how this works. I associated a default popup to one badge via HM2 Hud Settings Stat Appearance. But nothing popped up.
    Another question is: How do we create a second line for the new tagging system?
    Last edited by Bela; 09-24-2015 at 11:48 AM.

I'm testing the beta
    first thing I pointed out is "make inactive" for color definition is not there in the right click menu