"BB Fold to Steal" leak

Default "BB Fold to Steal" leak

Hello,

Im a little bit confused about a stat that LB gives a lot of weight at NL10 6 max at step 1 and step 2.

Im reviewing about 40k hands and LB points out that my 55% BB Fold to Steal is a leak and it recommends 68%+ of BB Fold vs Steal Att. Im confused bc this doesnt sound really good from a theoretical point of view altough im open to realize that real life could be a lot different.

Do you have any kind of explanation on this? My winrates on BB are not outstanding but I think they are pretty acceptable for what it is (-32bb/100).

Im asking here bc I dont find more info on LB videos and I would like to know how can tighten up my range could improve my winrate on BB. Maybe players at micros are not stealing enough or they are not folding enough so I can play a really tight range and make a lot of money.

Long story short. I would like to know if this stat is giving correct info and how it works so I can ajust properly.
    Peace!

Yes, good question.

So a lot more people are recently defending wider than they used to. The LB recommended ranges are looking at what the most profitable ranges have been for micro players. So theory aside, a lot of micro players struggle w/ playing more marginal hands OOP. Theoretically you should be defending wider than 32%. But theory and implementation is generally much different. If you're comfortable with your play in those spots, you're probably fine. -32bb/100 is ok. It could definitely be better, and you are probably defending a little much, but I'd wait and play more hands before you make and adjustment. 40k hands isn't a ton. Also, as far as what hands to defend there are some videos in the video library about playing from the blinds. I'd recommend those as a good starting point.

Keep in mind with the next stats update, that's probably one of the main areas that's going to change slightly. We update stat ranges every so often, and I know both micro and mid stakes ranges are changing there a bit.

I hope that helps.

Do you have any ETA for the stats update?

I gave myself a little time to think about it since LB doesnt seem to be really wrong in mi experience... I put in my database some old hands from the past years and I analized BB vs 1 raiser from every position. It could be from what I see that CO opens arent stealing as wide as they should be at micro levels. Some villains have a really tight range from CO more close to MP-UTG ranges.

So maybe tighten up vs CO could give me more reasonable numbers at the eyes of LB. Anyways Im looking forward for the stats update for LB.

Regards

I don't have an ETA right now. I know we have a new update coming out this week and that the team has begun work on analyzing the stat ranges from new data. They've done several of these updates over time just so they are keeping up with changes in the games.

And yes, tightening up from open CO's is your best place to begin tightening up. Button ranges you can defend a little wider. So just keep an eye on it, and don't try and over adjust, just fold a few more hands and see how things for from there and continue to re-run an analysis.