performance trouble pokerstars.fr

Default performance trouble pokerstars.fr

hey guys

for quite some time ive been experiencing performance issues with hem2 on pokerstars.fr...at least thats wat i think causes the issues

so it all runs fine for 1,2,3 hours then stars randomly freezin like every 5 minutes...every table turns black for 2-3 seconds while my whole desktop freezes...then its back to normal again

sometimes tho like once per session HEM2 completely crashes...windows message pops up that HEM2 is not working properly and its closed down...so i have to start HEM2 again

its rly annoying cause loosing couple of seconds every 5 minutes while 15+ tablin sums up

maybe its an windows issue...im usin windows 7 professional 64bit version

fwiw all is running fine if HEM2 is not used

maybe database issues since its already pretty big

idk

also not sure about pokerstars.eu...not playin much there atm but there might be the same issue
    Last edited by locke547; 09-06-2015 at 08:09 PM.

I'm really sorry and I know there is nothing more frustrating than having issues like this when trying to play. I hope i can help you resolve this quickly.

What is your hard drive model, RAM and CPU? You can find this in your Control Panel - System - Device Manager. Sometimes lower spec PC's can contribute to lagging but that is not to say we can't still improve it further.

Are you running Notecaddy also and do you have many definitions or use any of the NC Edge or NC Advantage packages? Those can also have an impact on large database with large definitions. If you do I would suggest reading this thread which will help improve the performance when using NC:
    NoteCaddy speed improvement - Assaultware Wiki

In the meantime while you reply with those details I have a couple of things you can try that will improve the performance of your PC in general and may help if this scanning is the cause of the issues your seeing.

Please check these 2 FAQs and try all the steps there to see if they help:
    - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...%28Firewall%29 - Resolves issues where security software continually try to scan files and processes which can slow down your PC
    - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...rts+%26+HUD%29 - General tips and solutions for performance issues

A few other things you could try to see if it helps when playing:
    - Does it help you disable the Options > Settings > General Settings > Miscellaneous > [ ] 'Automatically Refresh' option and restart HM2?
    - Try leaving HM2 on the 'Home' tab when playing.
    - Try picking a villain in the reports that only has a few hands in your database instead of your hero and restart HM2.
    - Try creating a new smaller database with just hands from the past 1 or 2 months to use when playing.

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem, describe exactly what you were doing, and attach your log.txt file -
    http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F

Please send the information to support@holdemmanager.com with a link to this thread.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

its an

AMD phenom IIx4 955 processor 3.2GHz
    Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB ATA HD Device
    4GB RAM

is that not enough power ??

oh and also im not using notecaddy at all

edit:

fwiw i do not own notecaddy premium and never enabled anything in HEM2...the popup show some "reads" under the villains stats but thats all i seen of notecaddy so far
    Last edited by locke547; 09-07-2015 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by locke547 View Post
    its an

AMD phenom IIx4 955 processor 3.2GHz
    Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB ATA HD Device
    4GB RAM

is that not enough power ??

oh and also im not using notecaddy at all

edit:

fwiw i do not own notecaddy premium and never enabled anything in HEM2...the popup show some "reads" under the villains stats but thats all i seen of notecaddy so far
    For optimal performance we suggest an intel i5 or i7 CPU and 8GB or more of RAM.

Does it help if you try disabling Note Caddy? Open HUD Settings, make sure you are on the HUD Designer tab, and uncheck "Show Caddy notes in HUD." Restart HM2.

Did any of the other suggestions help? If not, we need you to email the requested log files with a link to this thread.

i tried all the stuff suggested above...i will post after the session...thx 4 the effort so far

seems like its solved

worked all goo today

thx 4 the support man

You are very welcome. Thank you for letting us know it solved your problems. It helps us when crafting future replies to other customers with similar problems.

Good luck at the tables. If you have any further questions or problems do not hesitate to ask us.

If you do notice trouble in the future, please let us know if you see a pattern.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)