How to make hm2 run using least possible memory?

Default How to make hm2 run using least possible memory?

My laptop is really struggling to run 24 tables and hm at the same time, it is starting to lag up. Is there any way I can configure hm to run using less memory? I only need the hud on very basic and obviously hand import. Nothing else needs to be running, for example active session - I don't need that.

Also any other general tips to speed up things? My laptop is 4gb ram and recently been restored it should not struggle to run this program and it was fine with hm1. hm2 uses 350,000k when not even importing or using hud is that normal?

thanks.

I'm really sorry and I know there is nothing more frustrating than having issues like this when trying to play. I hope i can help you resolve this quickly.

What is your hard drive model, RAM and CPU? You can find this in your Control Panel - System - Device Manager. Sometimes lower spec PC's can contribute to lagging but that is not to say we can't still improve it further.

Are you running Notecaddy also and do you have many definitions or use any of the NC Edge or NC Advantage packages? Those can also have an impact on large database with large definitions. If you do I would suggest reading this thread which will help improve the performance when using NC:
    http://wiki.assaultware.com/NoteCadd...provement.ashx

In the meantime while you reply with those details I have a couple of things you can try that will improve the performance of your PC in general and may help if this scanning is the cause of the issues your seeing.

Please check these 2 FAQs and try all the steps there to see if they help:
    - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...%28Firewall%29 - Resolves issues where security software continually try to scan files and processes which can slow down your PC
    - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...rts+%26+HUD%29 - General tips and solutions for performance issues

A few other things you could try to see if it helps when playing:
    - Does it help you disable the Options > Settings > General Settings > Miscellaneous > [ ] 'Automatically Refresh' option and restart HM2?
    - Try leaving HM2 on the 'Home' tab when playing.
    - Try picking a villain in the reports that only has a few hands in your database instead of your hero and restart HM2.
    - Try creating a new smaller database with just hands from the past 1 or 2 months to use when playing.

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem, describe exactly what you were doing, and attach your log.txt file -
    http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
    I'm really sorry and I know there is nothing more frustrating than having issues like this when trying to play. I hope i can help you resolve this quickly.

What is your hard drive model, RAM and CPU? You can find this in your Control Panel - System - Device Manager. Sometimes lower spec PC's can contribute to lagging but that is not to say we can't still improve it further.

Are you running Notecaddy also and do you have many definitions or use any of the NC Edge or NC Advantage packages? Those can also have an impact on large database with large definitions. If you do I would suggest reading this thread which will help improve the performance when using NC:
    NoteCaddy speed improvement - Assaultware Wiki

In the meantime while you reply with those details I have a couple of things you can try that will improve the performance of your PC in general and may help if this scanning is the cause of the issues your seeing.

Please check these 2 FAQs and try all the steps there to see if they help:
    - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...%28Firewall%29 - Resolves issues where security software continually try to scan files and processes which can slow down your PC
    - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...rts+%26+HUD%29 - General tips and solutions for performance issues

A few other things you could try to see if it helps when playing:
    - Does it help you disable the Options > Settings > General Settings > Miscellaneous > [ ] 'Automatically Refresh' option and restart HM2?
    - Try leaving HM2 on the 'Home' tab when playing.
    - Try picking a villain in the reports that only has a few hands in your database instead of your hero and restart HM2.
    - Try creating a new smaller database with just hands from the past 1 or 2 months to use when playing.

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem, describe exactly what you were doing, and attach your log.txt file -
    http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F

hi,

the drive is WDC WD3200BEVT-26ZCT0 ATA DEVICE
    processor AMD Athlon(tm) II Dual-Core M300
    RAM 4gb

I don't use notecaddy.

Please follow the steps and send the log file as requested to support@holdemmanager.com with a link to this thread.

Did you try disabling the note caddy in the HUD Settings?
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Please follow the steps and send the log file as requested to support@holdemmanager.com with a link to this thread.

Did you try disabling the note caddy in the HUD Settings?
    Thanks I will. It does not appear to be as bad on 6max tables. But yeah even when I open hm on its own it relaly makes my mouse lag so something is definitely up.

Is your mouse a logitech? If so, please update their software.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Is your mouse a logitech? If so, please update their software.
    no its microsoft. I emailed you but incase you missed it this is what I found. hm2 seems to be using all my cpu usgae. see the pic, half way through when the graph drops is when I close hm2 - this cannot be normal right? also when it is running the cpu usage is on 100% - this is when the lagging happens. now when it drops to 80% or so the lagging stops for a little bit. Also right now I am only playing 4 tables zoom - not the usual 24 tables, yet it still lags