help w/ a def for holding onto draws too much

Default help w/ a def for holding onto draws too much

I'm trying to make a badge for villains who hold onto draws too much. Basically they need to have a flush or straight draw an call reasonable bets for two streets. The requirements are pretty simple:

• Preflop: No restrictions.
    • Flop: They hold any flush draw or an open ended straight draw; the face a bet of 45-85% of the pot; no one else calls; villain calls.
    • Turn: Same as on flop.

That's it. I've created a definition and for a villain with that range taking those actions, and on the General tab, I've defined the opportunities by action. (I believe this, as opposed to opportunities by range, is what I want, no?) But when ran this through my 1 mil hand (mostly microstakes) database, it's only tagging about ~1,000 hands and the the success rate is 100%! This can't be right, so I'm guessing I'm not making the def correctly.

Can someone have a look at it and tell me if I've made a mistake? Thanks!

Holds_On_To_Draws.xml

EDIT: Oh sh*t. Just after I posted this I realized perhaps this kind of badge isn't possible because you can only compare the actions to playing draws aggo (and eventually showing it down). So short of someone folding their draws and not mucking them, there's no way flag missed opportunities. Perhaps that's the problem. Whoops!
    Last edited by rowhousepd; 08-29-2015 at 09:21 PM.

No direction but to trust the final destination

Please ensure your help request includes the items listed in the sticky http://forums.holdemmanager.com/note...ead-first.html
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

-A definition as an attachment, do not copy paste the xml. You can easily find the definition file by right clicking it in the list and clicking "open location". If you haven't created a definition, please include the other items
    -A hand history for which you are not seeing the desired results when you test it using the test environment. Please specify for whom you intended to see a success or opportunity. You can easily find these using HEM filters and it is a great way to truly express what you mean!
    -A brief description of what behavior you were trying to model
    Ok, well I've done the first and last item in that sticky, but I'm not exactly sure if/how the second applies to me as I'm not getting any missed opportunities for the situation I described when I ran it through my db. I think perhaps the badge I'm looking to create isn't possible because the villain would have to fold (and thus we couldn't know his hole cards), but I'm not sure if that's the problem. I'd at least expect to see missed opportunities for villains who raise vs a bet holding a draw ... I think?

Sorry, I guess I'm a little confused and am not quite sure if in theory this kind of badge would be possible.

It applies because your first course of action when testing something like this is to find hand histories that you expect to produce a success and/or opportunity and put them in the test environment. The test environment then gives you an explanation of what happened. It is a very rigidly defined process Best practices for creating NoteCaddy definitions - Assaultware Wiki because it works
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

Ok, I found some hands that should have counted as a missed opportunity because the recipient (in this case, seat 4) called the flop with a flush draw but raised (not called) a bet on the turn. I think this is what you wanted, right?

Test HH - did not call draw.txt

The "had to be final action this street" is redundant and causes a note to always give 0/0 since that's not the type of thing that would produce a 0/1. You should remove that

Quote Originally Posted by sreticentv View Post
    The "had to be final action this street" is redundant and causes a note to always give 0/0 since that's not the type of thing that would produce a 0/1. You should remove that
    Ah ha! I think you got it. Awesome. Thanks a bunch, sreitcentv!