cropped screen when using NC on laptop

Default cropped screen when using NC on laptop

I just started using HM on my laptop, which is a big change from my usual desktop 24" monitor. I noticed that pretty much all of the NoteCaddy screens are cut off at the bottom. Here's just one:
    cropped screen.png

It may not be clear from the screenshot, but I cannot scroll down any more on this & other tabs. HM is maximized. The laptop display is a pretty standard size (15"). Is this a known bug?

If you notice that the text seems large and is overlapping buttons and the UI in places, or the HUD is shifted to the left and above the table slightly, it is probably your DPI settings
    Just change your DPI Scaling to 96/Normal - https://www.microsoft.com/resources/....mspx?mfr=true

Check your resolution and DPI. What is your OS? 10 kept wanting to change my settings back.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Nope, it's not that. I'm running Win 8.1 pretty much with all out-of-the-box settings. Just double checked, and my display is set "100%", which apparently means 96 dpi according to this. Regardless, no other text seems large, and I have no problems with the HUD or other programs. It's just in NoteCaddy that I can't seem to scroll down on any of the windows. Hmmm. :-/

What is the max resolution of the monitor and what resolution is it set at in that image?

Looking at Control Panel > Appearance > Display > Screen Resolution. It's set to the highest, which is 1366 x 768 (also the "Recommended" resolution apparently). Like I said, it's a 15" monitor on new-ish with the factory settings, so I have a feeling this isn't the issue.

Apparently this is a known issue with that low of a resolution according to one of our testers that has the same.

This is what he had to say, hopefully it will help you:

it does not happen all of the time but after working on notes for awhile it occurs. I usually resize hm2 to fit the entire screen when working on notes. if the issue occurs I also close all tabs in NoteCaddy > navigate to reports > navigate back to NoteCaddy. otherwise I restart hm2 and that fixes it as well.

Also: auto hiding the task bar may help or setting the task bar to one of the sides/edges would also give you more vertical space for the HM2/NC window.

Hmm. Didn't think 1366 x 768 was all that low for laptops. It's about a year old and a middle-of-the-road (but by no means terrible) Toshiba Satellite. It's weird because no other part of HM is cut off on the laptop; the reports, active sessions, Opponents, etc., are all fine. It's just in NC.

Anyway, I'll try that suggestion you forwarded, though it's kind of a drag obviously -- especially since I've been planning to do a lot more work in general off my laptop in the future. :-/

Is this bug going to get addressed? Can't imagine I'm the only person out there who uses HM on a mid-level laptop, at least some of the time.

It looks like we wrote a ticket for it years ago but couldn't dupe the problem. I have just reopened the ticket so they can investigate it again.

The assigned internal ticket # on this issue is HM-5242

I have added your email address to the ticket so we can notify you once we have fixed it.