Poker Stars new rules
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Exclamation Poker Stars new rules

HUDs may:
    •Alter the colour of an individual statistic based on two different thresholds. For example, a
    HUD may show a VPIP statistic in red if it is less than 20%, white if it is between 20%-30%
    and green if it is greater than 30%. However, the thresholds must be raw values and cannot
    be dynamically calculated or population-percentile based.

HUDs may not:
    Have statistics which are filtered based on card values. For example, AGGRESSION
    FREQUENCY is fine, AGGRESSION FREQUENCY ON FLUSH DRAW BOARDS is not.
    • Dynamically change which statistics are shown after the cards are dealt. For example,
    displaying FOLD TO CBET but only after a flop is seen is prohibited.
    • Dynamically change which statistics are shown based on player/opponent tendencies. For
    example, displaying FOLD TO CBET but only for players that have high folds to continuation
    bets is prohibited.
    • Rate, label, categorise or stereotype players based on their tendencies
    •Display graphical representations of more than one numerical datapoint. For example, bet
    size / hand strength scatter plots are prohibited but a 0-100 “temperature gauge”
    representation of a player’s VPIP is permitted.

Those are some of the new PS rules, so seems like the badges are not going to be allowed anymore, but I use them in a different way than most people and what I use them for is to make a numerical representation, for example:

I have color coded badges to represent players fold to 3bet in this way: a red badge if the Fold to 3bet is less than 35%, Yellow is the fold to 3bet is between 35-65% and green if the fold to 3bet is over 65%

https://gyazo.com/a4500eb4dcb7918fda85c693218f619a

Reading this rules seems like this type of use might still be permited since all I'm doing is representing a numerical value with a color and save some HUD space since the statistic will take "Two slots" but the badge is very small and I'm not filtering for the hand values, so I'll like to know your thoughts, also are the Heat maps still be allowed? and the HM2 auto rate rules I think are going to be baned right?

ty very much

No direction but to trust the final destination

I think auto rate rules have to go for sure which means badges too. Badges are always for saving space so I think your use also has to be prevented. Obviously I think this is absurd but if it's not a number stars doesn't want it anymore.

I am not sure about the heat maps and am hoping someone from pokerstars has the courtesy to respond to the requests for clarifiction we've made on several issues.

Once we get these clarifications there will be a NC 2.6 version that will add new functions for pokerstars that will be compliant. As I am not clear on several things I can't go into detail about features but we are definitely putting a list together
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

there is only one thing to say if they are serious about this: GOODBYE STARS welcome new client!

Quote Originally Posted by sreticentv View Post
    I think auto rate rules have to go for sure which means badges too. Badges are always for saving space so I think your use also has to be prevented. Obviously I think this is absurd but if it's not a number stars doesn't want it anymore.
    Yes I agree that is absurd, but there is actually a difference in the type of badges that can be done, for example there are the badges that will only show up for a player that meets some requirements and so that will "Rate, label, categorise or stereotype players based on their tendencies" for example a badge that will only show when a player has a very high cbet % in flush draw boards or a badge that shows only when a player folds a lot to Donk Bets, so this type of badges I understand stars doesn't want them anymore, but if the badges could be made "static" and that they will always show up for all players and be only used for representing changes in a numeric value of a particular estadistic, for example mine will always show up in the HUD for all players and will only change the color based on the % thresholds so they do not categorize players and will work the same as a color coded fold to 3bet stat but just using less screen space, something similar to the HM2 HUD with graph bars: https://gyazo.com/aff31367ba4fbb58b0073996a21701d9 even Jivaro uses a graphical representation for numeric values...

I think the two types of use are very different and so maybe there is something that can be done to be able to use badges in a limited way or for restricted use, maybe turning them into graph bars or something like that, I also hope the heatmaps can still be used since that along with the badges is one of the most important NC features imo, this really sucks...

Do you know when this changes are taking effect and how much time do we have to adjust to them?

Anyway, ty very much for everything and I do understand you are doing all you can.
    Last edited by Macevd; 08-21-2015 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Macevd View Post

Do you know when this changes are taking effect and how much time do we have to adjust to them?
    I think I heard the new rules go into effect September 28th.

tx, at least they are giving time to go through WCOOP, guess they don't wanna have overlays in the prize pools...

It will this new rules affect to the NoteCaddy Edge?

Hopefully not.

Thank you.

I don't even play of pokerstars or full tilt.

Are these functionalities going to vanish for me too?

What if I just don't update?
    Last edited by MJfan843; 08-23-2015 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom[USA] View Post
    It will this new rules affect to the NoteCaddy Edge?

Hopefully not.

Thank you.
    Hi Venom[USA],

If you play on Stars/Full Tilt, then the new changes will limit some of the current functionalities of the packages. Badges will not work any longer at some point before the rules go into effect. Also it sounds like Spark and Scatter graphs won't be allowed any longer.

If you play on a different network then nothing should be affected.

None of the badges? Or some badges yes they will work?