Default HUD a pain

Default Default HUD a pain

For as long as i remember, i've always had a problem when i run HEM that it opens up this default 2.0 HUD on every table, and i then have to click on every table and change it to the one i use (I have called it default)

I thought this was a problem with Holdem Manager until someone else was using HEM and there's opened automatically, so i'm wondering what i'm doing wrong?

When i run HEM, this is the HUD that opens on every table.

HEM.PNG

I want this one to show up.

HEM2.PNG

Every time i set it to my customised one, it just reverts back to the default 2.0 one. I have tried creating several different HUD's for different sites and setting them up one at a time, but that doesn't work either. It takes a lot of time and messing around when playing 40-50 tournaments a day. Am i just missing something silly to get it working?

-1 Try selecting the Default 2.0 HUD and your HUD Configuration named fulltilt
    Use the [x] in Site Options to remove all the lines.
    And assign them to a site you do not play on in HUD Settings--> Site Options--> Apply

-2 Then assign the HUD you do want to use. (you'll have to go to HUD Settings--> HUD Designer--> in order to select a different HUD Configuration in the top left)
    Go back to Site Options-->
    Use the [x] in Site Options to remove all the lines and assign this HUD to 'any site'.

For the HUD you want to use the line should read: Any site, Any, Any, Any > Default
    (Default = the name of the HUD Configuration)

Currently even under your "Default" Configuration--> all the lines are linked to the 'fulltilt' HUD.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

That looks to have done the trick Patvs, thanks so much. Can't believe i've put up with that for so long!

You are very welcome. Thank you for letting us know it solved your problems. It helps us when crafting future replies to other customers with similar problems.

Good luck at the tables. If you have any further questions or problems do not hesitate to ask us.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Hmmm, maybe this isn't fixed. Every time i close HEM, it forgets my configuration. I Apply it, and it works while my session is playing, but the 2 times i've closed HEM, the settings have gone from this...

hem.PNG

back to this..

hem2.PNG

Any ideas?

Also, while i'm here. Winamax stats always overlap on other tables, so it makes it difficult to position tables if you have a ton of tables (Sunday problems!). It's always happened for me that my Winamax stats stay on top of other tables. Is it a known problem, because i can't really see any way of fixing it from my end?

winamax.jpg

Winamax issue is a known issue. I've added your email address to the bug ticket HM-4312, so you'll be automatically notified when it is fixed.

--

Your (HUD) settings issue:
    Either
    (1) your prefs file is corrupt--> go to C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\ Config\ and delete prefs.xml
    (if you delete this you'll have to re-setup all your HUD settings)

or delete it, and rename prefs.bak (which is a backup file of prefs.xml) to prefs.xml.

(2) It's also possible HM2 is not running without proper administrator privileges. So when you "Apply" any changes, they aren't saved properly. To fix this:
    -go to C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager--> rightclick on the folder--> properties--> turn off "read-only"--> Apply
    -go to C:\Program Files(x86)\HoldemManager2\holdemmanager.exe --> rightclick on the .exe file--> Properties--> Compatibility tab--> turn on "run this program as an administrator".
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    Winamax issue is a known issue. I've added your email address to the bug ticket HM-4312, so you'll be automatically notified when it is fixed.
    Thank you

Your (HUD) settings issue:
    Either
    (1) your prefs file is corrupt--> go to C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\ Config\ and delete prefs.xml
    (if you delete this you'll have to re-setup all your HUD settings)

or delete it, and rename prefs.bak (which is a backup file of prefs.xml) to prefs.xml.
    I deleted it and renamed the backup file but it didn't solve the problem. Rather than have to set up all my HUDs again, i think i'll just get HEM sorted before i start a session each time. It takes less than a minute so won't be as much hassle as i was usually doing.

(2) It's also possible HM2 is not running without proper administrator privileges. So when you "Apply" any changes, they aren't saved properly. To fix this:
    -go to C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager--> rightclick on the folder--> properties--> turn off "read-only"--> Apply
    -go to C:\Program Files(x86)\HoldemManager2\holdemmanager.exe --> rightclick on the .exe file--> Properties--> Compatibility tab--> turn on "run this program as an administrator".
    I was already as admin, but i changed all files away from 'read-only' but still didn't make any difference (worth noting for future reference that this process took about 15 minutes on a top of the range gaming laptop)

Thanks for your help overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Flushdraw888 View Post

I deleted it and renamed the backup file but it didn't solve the problem. Rather than have to set up all my HUDs again, i think i'll just get HEM sorted before i start a session each time. It takes less than a minute so won't be as much hassle as i was usually doing.

What you can also try. HUD Settings--> HUD Designer--> Export your HUD.
    Delete the prefs.xml file.
    Start HM2 again.
    Import your HUD.
    -Change the Site Options Settings--> Apply
    (restart HM2--> to check if the settings will now save)

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    What you can also try. HUD Settings--> HUD Designer--> Export your HUD.
    Delete the prefs.xml file.
    Start HM2 again.
    Import your HUD.
    -Change the Site Options Settings--> Apply
    (restart HM2--> to check if the settings will now save)
    Tried this a couple of times (even renamed it away from 'Default' incase there was a conflict) but it's still reverting back to the basic Default 2.0 HUD now. I'm only using this new laptop a couple of weeks, and i've the same problem on both laptops, so a clean install probably won't help either. Thanks again for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Flushdraw888 View Post
    Tried this a couple of times (even renamed it away from 'Default' incase there was a conflict) but it's still reverting back to the basic Default 2.0 HUD now. I'm only using this new laptop a couple of weeks, and i've the same problem on both laptops, so a clean install probably won't help either. Thanks again for your help.
    This is usually a permissions issue but it looks like that was suggested and didn't help.

Which Operating System, Firewall, and AntiVirus are you using?

Many of those free Norton, Mcaffee, Comodo, Zonealarm, Avira, Avast, AVG, Bitdefender, etc, 'internet security' bundles will not work well with Holdem Manager.

Please do the following steps, so we can get your computer to a state that we know will work with Holdem Manager:

1) Uninstall any 3rd party security software bundles.
    2) Reboot your computer
    3) Please install the latest version: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...ger_2_Beta.exe
    - After downloading, you should right-click the file, go to properties and click unblock. Then, right click the file and run as administrator.
    4) Enable Windows Firewall's recommended settings through your Control Panel, turn off Windows Defender, and add firewall exceptions for HM and SQL - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...rewall%29#MSES
    5) Install Microsoft Security Essentials for antivirus/malware protection and update it - Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows

If you continue to have problems:

1) Start HM2 and Export any custom HUD configs - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...rashing+Issues

2) Close HM2.

3) Please create a backup of your settings and reset your settings as explained here - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...fault+settings

4) Restart HM2

5) Manually reset your Site Setup > Seating Preferences > for your site/seats and double check your auto import and archive folders.

Try to reproduce the problem using the default HUD/settings. If it works properly you can try importing your customized HUD again that you exported in step 2 above. If the problem returns after importing your HUD you know it is a problem with your HUD Config and you will need to recreate it from scratch or import an older backup of the HUD.

If that solves your problems please email us the files you backed up in step 1 of this email by following step 2 in this FAQ - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...fault+settings

If that did not solve your problems you can restore all of your original settings using the Utilities menu as explained in step 3 of the above FAQ.