Backup Time

Thread: Backup Time

Default Backup Time

Hi, I'm trying to backup my HM2 database so that I can import it all over to my new SSD. I started last night at about 22:30 and it ran until 02:00 when my computer slept (I wanted to leave it on all night because it was taking a long time). I booted the PC up this morning and it is still only at approximately 50%. It is taking a stupid amount of time and I don't understand why - is this normal? If so then I will leave the PC running today until I get home at about 22:00, otherwise I will cancel the backup before I leave.

Version 2.0.0.8327.

If the pc goes to sleep/hibernate mode during the backup it likely won't ever finish. You need to make sure sleep/hibernate is disabled when performing database maintenance or other DB tasks.

How much free space do you have on your system/C drive and how big is the database according to the HM2 > Database > Database Info menu? You generally need more than twice as much free space as your database is big according to that menu.

Please see this FAQ to clear up some more free space - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...+of+Disk+Space

If you continue to have problems you can try moving the windows temp directories that we use for these database procedures to another drive that has more free space - http://forums.holdemmanager.com/gene...t-working.html

If you continue to have problems:

Please enable the Settings > Feature Logging > [x] 'DBControlPanel' option and increase the Max number of log files option to 10 so old logs are saved with date/time stamps.

You can also enable this before you launch HM2 from the Start Menu - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ging#startmenu

Please reproduce the problem and attach your log.txt file with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F

Please zip and email the requested file to hm2support@holdemmanager.com with a link to this thread and your forum name.

Hi Fozzy, thanks for the response. I got home and it had completed successfully. I noted the pathway and booted via my SSD and tried to restore the DB but I received this error:

Rename Database Error
    ERROR: 55006: database "HoldemManager2_tmp_20150707222157" is being accessed by other users

Don't understand why that happened, but it continued past this anyway and appeared to have completed the backup, but it doesn't have any of my hands. It has my HUDs, popups, notes, and settings all fine, but my hands don't seem to have imported. All other player hands seem to have imported except for mine.

When I installed HM2 on the SSD it created the default database (HoldemManager2), and since I've tried to restore it I now have a total of 3 other databases (I've tried to restore it twice). The default database is very small but the "restored" ones seem about right, if not a little smaller (they are 16gb - I expected ~25gb).

Are you able to help with this or should I schedule a teamviewer session with support?

Thanks

You can try 3 things:
    -1. Create a new empty database, with a different name.
    Start HM2 with that database. Then restore your old database again.
    Switch to the old database.

-2 On your old HDD vs SSD, is the SSD on a new computer?
    How exactly did you move the database location to the SSD. Did you edit the location of the database in pgadminIII?
    Or install a different version of PostgreSQL to the SSD?.
    For the backup/restore process, make sure you use the same version of PostgreSQL. So if it was created in 8.4.x, also use 8.4.x to restore it.

-3 Easiest solution. Backup your old database again, but turn on 'skip database'.
    On the SSD, in a new empty database, first reimport all your handhistories. (by importing the archive folder C:/HM2Archive).
    Then restore the 'database'. (which will only restore all your old configuration files/settings)
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Thanks a lot, I'll try the easiest suggestion.

I just opened HM2 to delete the failed databases (there were 3 and 2 of them were ~15gb), and the one I imported is apparently being accessed by other users and it won't let me delete it. ERROR:55006. This is strange because I only have 1 user account on my SSD so it's not like I've switched users, run HM2 and then switch back to do this, as this error suggests.

The SSD is installed in the same PC as my HDD.
    Last edited by DrDunne; 07-08-2015 at 04:43 AM.

To delete it, try opening pgadminIII (in the PostgreSQL/bin folder). And delete it in there.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Thanks. I have one more question: when I'm importing all of my hands, it seems to finish but then in the bottom left of HM2 application it says 'Creating Notes xxxxx of xxxxxxxxxxx'. This takes an extremely long time and I'm just wondering what exactly this is?

These are NoteCaddy notes.

In HM2--> HUD Settings--> HUD Designer--> turn off show caddy notes, and turn off 'start caddy report on HUD launch'--> Apply.
    Then restart HM2.