New PokerStars rules - what will be with NC now?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unhappy New PokerStars rules - what will be with NC now?

Hi there a new post at 2+2 3rd Party Software on PokerStars: Proposed Rule Changes - Internet Poker - Online Poker Forum

Other programs would also be affected. The following are examples of other tools that would no longer be allowed to be used while the PokerStars client is open:
    • NoteCaddy as is would require changes. It is permissible for HUDs to filter / drill down via street, but not by action facing or hole card / communicate card values.

1. Any tool or reference material that offers commentary or advice that goes beyond a basic level, such as stack-size-based starting hand tables, decision trees or heads-up displays that dynamically change based on player action or card values.

How will it influence NC? And I guess "per street HUDs" won't be available in HM as well?

I think NC won't be affected. It's a misunderstanding that they think NC changes data throughout the hand which is not true

I very very very hope so. Other wise it will be just very stupid and not competent on their side.

No direction but to trust the final destination

I always felt the per street HUDs were taking a little too far anyways. Did you post in this thread showing your support for NC and how they are misinterpreting their own rules by citing it? If not, please do!
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

But afaik "per street" hud is a feature of HM2 itself, why do they talk of NC?

I think as long as your HUD is static and not dynamic you should be fine, they said NC will need changes, do you think it will affect regular badges and heatmaps in some way? ty

What happens if we buy it and it ends up getting banned on Pokerstars 2-4 weeks later.

No direction but to trust the final destination

You get 30 days for no questions asked refund for any HM product. I don't imagine NC gets banned though as the text from PokerStars

NoteCaddy as is would require changes. It is permissible for HUDs to filter / drill down via street, but not by action facing or hole card / communicate card values.
    mentions changes - not banning
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

Quote Originally Posted by sreticentv View Post

mentions changes - not banning
    Do you know what NC features will need to be changed? if they change the rules,

tx

Quote Originally Posted by Macevd View Post
    Do you know what NC features will need to be changed? if they change the rules,

tx
    We can all only guess atm. Beginning of next week we all should know more. I personally don't expect the changes (in case there will be) to have a big impact on NoteCaddy. As reference you might want to look how they handled the seating-script issue which came up erlier this year.