Holdem Manager 2 & Windows 10
Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Default Holdem Manager 2 & Windows 10

Hi,

Can you tell me if HM2 works on Windows 10? I would like to update.

Regards,

SOEK

10 is not officially released. We do not recommend using it as your main operating system. If you want to try it out, use a Virtual Machine. We have not fully tested it.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Default Windows 10

Will HM2+PostgreSQL8.3 work well with Windows10?
    Can I just run the In-Place Windows upgrade without issues?
    Last edited by Psycha; 07-29-2015 at 08:08 PM.

1) 10 is not fully released. We only recommend using it with a virtual machine, such as VirtualBox for now.

2) It is best to do a clean install of an operating system, as an upgrade can carryover corrupted and outdated files and cause issues.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Actually it is fully released as the official release date was July 29th and the free upgrades already started rolling out to those who applied.
    2. Microsofts recommendation for new Operating system upgrading paths is usually the one you suggested but in the case of Win10 they have changed it and said In Place upgrade is the recommended path.

Quote Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
    1) 10 is not fully released. We only recommend using it with a virtual machine, such as VirtualBox for now.

2) It is best to do a clean install of an operating system, as an upgrade can carryover corrupted and outdated files and cause issues.

honestly, i expect a better support for a 160$ software. there should already be a download for windows 10 version available.

I agree. It's quite remarkable that a software developer isn't even aware of the launch date of such important release and that they haven't even started testing or developed a rollout plan for how to deal with it yet. I imagine many of their users will want to do the upgrade as soon as possible.

He is not a developer (none of us posting on the forums are) and what he said was true. They are rolling it out in phases and even though I have requested it on two machines I have not received it yet.

We do not officially support it yet. We will start testing to make sure there are no issues after the official W10 release. With that being said, I can't recall any new issues being reported recently that we thought might be W10 related. We did have people using W10 having various problems earlier in the beta process but since we don't add support for beta OS we weren't sure if they were W10 specific or not and if our standard suggestions didn't solve the problems we just recommend they revert to W7 or W8. I am planning to upgrade my laptop once it is official and do a variety of testing on HM2 and HM Cloud and if all goes well I may upgrade my desktop as well.

I think you will be fine if you upgrade but if online poker is your primary source of income you may want to give us a few weeks to flesh out any possible issues before you upgrade then ask the question again.

While they are rolling it outin stages, everyone is free to download und use an update tool since Wednesday. Official ISOs for new installs are available as well. So yes, Windows 10 has officially launched. Plus, tech previews were available for many, many month to allow developers do the very work you seem to not even have started yet. Disappointing.

The only problem we are seeing is with registration. This is typical with an operating system upgrade. You just need to reset your license.

Your HM2 license is valid on two computers that you own. If you receive the message "there are no more activations available", you can reset your code.
    For the steps to reset your Holdem Manager code please see this FAQ: http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ager#resetCode

If you continue to have problems we need you to send us the \HM2Logs folder as explained in the last steps under 'Contact Support'.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)