Holdem Manager 2 & Windows 10 - Page 25
Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

You are very welcome. Thank you for letting us know it solved your problems. It helps us when crafting future replies to other customers with similar problems.

Good luck at the tables. If you have any further questions or problems do not hesitate to ask us.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Hey for some reason this morning HM2 won't connect to PostgreSQl.
    I've undertaken the step from here : Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Can not Connect / Failed to Start PostgreSQL
    But no joy.
    Seems like since I switched on this morning windows defender was hyper active, individually asking if I want to give every program I launch the right to change my PC etc - it was not doing this yesterday. I turned off windowns defender but no difference.

Not sure if this is relevant, but I have 9.0 - which I assume is the version HM2 would be using, but the connection wizard mentions 8.4 as what it can't connect to. Indeed, in services 9.0 is running, but 8.4 is not and will not start. Almost like Hm2 or W10 is giving pereference to 8.4, even though it should be using 9.0?

Anyway, I'm totally stuck, please help.

UPDATE
    After multiple attempts/restarts it's now working. Unfortunately I did so many things I can't now say what exactly fixed the problem, but at least for now it's working
    Last edited by Colin252; 08-12-2016 at 06:46 AM.

HM2 ships with 8.4 in the installer for what it's worth. Glad you managed to sort it out somehow.

After updating to Windows 10, the postgres service failed to start. I figured out it couldn't start with UAC on, but when I switched it completely off it worked like a charm. I followed these guides: Windows 10 Tutorials 84 – How to Disable UAC and https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...inApprovalMode.

However, many Win 10 user guides claim that UAC in Win 10 shouldn't be switched off completely (via this registry mod). They say what user should do at most, is to change the UAC slider to 'Never notify'.

Is it normal that postgres starts only when UAC is completely off?

I haven't done the registry edit and have never had issues with Postgres.

Both my 10 installations were clean installs, not upgrades.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

There is still no version for windows 10?? the GUI is awful under windows 10, I have spent a lot of dollars to buy this software.. really upset here, becareful of the concurrency side...

HM2 works fine on Windows 10. What issue are you having?

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem and zip/attach your HM2Logs folder with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How Do I Send a Log File to Holdem Manager Support?
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Uh I'm having so many on off problems connecting to sql.
    It's like 50/50 on any given day if it will work or not. I've followed as many of the instructions as possible for solving this in the HM help pages - but it's driving me mad that I'm spending at least an hour a day just trying to get it to connect. Without changing much of anything it just sometimes starts after a restart, sometimes not. seems so random.
    I need your help please HM2

Quote Originally Posted by Colin252 View Post
    Uh I'm having so many on off problems connecting to sql.
    It's like 50/50 on any given day if it will work or not. I've followed as many of the instructions as possible for solving this in the HM help pages - but it's driving me mad that I'm spending at least an hour a day just trying to get it to connect. Without changing much of anything it just sometimes starts after a restart, sometimes not. seems so random.
    I need your help please HM2
    If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem and zip/attach your HM2Logs folder with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing.

I was having these database issues with Win 10 off and on for a couple months and most recently after the new update from Windows. Over the weekend I took the extreme route and formatted my hard drive. If I don't repost, it solved my issues (working now, day 1) and it's worth reconsidering for any others experiencing issues.