Holdem Manager 2 & Windows 10 - Page 2
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

You should back up all data before upgrading. Please see this FAQ to transfer/backup data:

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...dem+Manager%3F

This will ensure that you have your hand histories and HUD saved to import into a new computer, and as a backup to restore in case of an emergency.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
    10 is not officially released. We do not recommend using it as your main operating system. If you want to try it out, use a Virtual Machine. We have not fully tested it.
    What about now...

?

Quote Originally Posted by Rappel View Post
    ....So yes, Windows 10 has officially launched. Plus, tech previews were available for many, many month to allow developers do the very work you seem to not even have started yet. Disappointing.
    We do not spend developer resources to develop support for preview versions of Windows that may see significant changes before official release. We wait until it is officially released and it has always (7 and 8 were both handled the same way) been this way. If you would have asked before the day of release we could have easily answered your question. If you were using the preview version (like many of our customers were) you likely noticed no significant issues (no significant issues were reported, we just dont spend developer/tester time checking possible bugs in preview versions of Win OS). Are you actually having problems with Win10 or just asking why it isn't 'officially supported'?

p.s. Look at this thread in the HM1 forum about it from January - http://forums.holdemmanager.com/mana...does-work.html

I just updated my laptop to Windows 10. The only thing I had to do was reset my profile and re-register.

I would refer to our guide on Windows 8 issues, as I would not be surprised (especially if you are coming from 7/Vista) to see similar issues with permissions settings on folders. 8 was fickle with things (for example I always have to unblock exes before installing or unzipping archive folders).

The permissions and security settings can cause Postgres not to work.

The structure is identical in the aspects you would need to Windows 8, so all of our guides will still apply. If we find some that do not, we will add to the FAQ's Windows 10 specific steps.

If you do have an issue, please specify with screenshots and log files.

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem and zip/attach your HM2Logs folder with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F

Here is a guide to help with issues with Windows 8 and HM, and should provide help with 10.

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/gene...ade-guide.html
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Check These 5 Settings After Installing Windows 10

I do not know what exactly the sharing Wifi with skype/outlook/facebook friends will or will not do. I have mine disabled until there is more information.

The scheduling restarts is a much needed fix from 8. I got caught with random update restarts all the time.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

pop ups no longer working now on Win 10 and an error message stays throughout

ice_screenshot_20150731-174323.jpg

HM2 unusable on Win 10 for me anyway,

ps im using the compatibility for windows 8 option. I dont think i was even able to load HM2 in win 10 mode. Ipoker tables also not showing descriptions in the software panels.

Did you make a backup before upgrading? Did you do a fresh install or install over? Are you using default HUDs and popups?

Please try a clean install of HM2. This will preserve your database and backup your HUD and settings.

Step 1 – Restore Default Settings:
    First try restoring your default settings, often some settings files can become corrupt and cause these issues:
    http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...fault+settings

Step 2 – Uninstall and reinstall HM2 with Revo uninstaller:
    Other times critical system files may not have been installed on previous updates and it can also cause these types of errors or in some cases antiviruses may have removed files that it mistook for unsafe. Doing a revo uninstall also removes old registry file information which might have become corrupt. You can download the free version here: Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems and there is a useful tutorial how to use it here:
    How To Use Revo Uninstaller To Completely Uninstall Programs

Uninstall Holdem Manager 2 via Revo unistaller and then reinstall this version:
    http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...er_2_Setup.exe

Please add this file to your firewall and antivirus exceptions and run it as Administrator.

Step 3 – Follow the steps in this FAQ:
    http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...olders+HM2+use

Step 4: If the default settings work, please use the FAQ in step 1 to restore your settings and test them.

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem, describe exactly what you were doing, and attach your log.txt file -
    http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by kompressaur View Post
    pop ups no longer working now on Win 10 and an error message stays throughout

ice_screenshot_20150731-174323.jpg

HM2 unusable on Win 10 for me anyway,
    Having the same issue with popups. If anybody fixes that - please let us know, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ARTiempo View Post
    Having the same issue with popups. If anybody fixes that - please let us know, thanks!

Are you using a laptop?
    Does the computer use a very basic onboard Intel GPU (graphics chip)? (not a Nvidia/AMD chip)
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here