Holdem Manager 2 & Windows 10 - Page 12
Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

what this could mean?
    photo_2015-11-09_04-55-43.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by gorky View Post
    what this could mean?

Please make a backup of your settings and reset them as described here - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Create a Backup and restore default settings

If that does not solve your problems please close HM2 and try to copy all files/folders EXCEPT FOR \Database and NoteCaddyDefinitions from C:\Users\UserName71\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager to a new \Desktop folder. This will cause you to lose all of your settings but it will hopefully solve the problem.

If that solves your problem please zip the settings from the TEMP directory you backed up earlier and upload it to a file hosting site like googledrive, dropbox, or filedropper and email us a download link for testing. This will help us in preventing the issue coming back in future.

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem and attach your log.txt file with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How Do I Send a Log File to Holdem Manager Support?

Hello!

This is the third time this happened since I updated to Windows 10. Every time there is a new windows update HM2 stops working. After it updates always the same message, that it cant connect to PostSQL and the service cant be started. Is there any solution to this problem since it keeps coming back?
    I tried to go and do all the suggested steps and sometimes it works again after a couple of days.As of right now its not working again. This is really annoying!
    Thank you very much for any help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dasim88 View Post
    Hello!

This is the third time this happened since I updated to Windows 10. Every time there is a new windows update HM2 stops working. After it updates always the same message, that it cant connect to PostSQL and the service cant be started. Is there any solution to this problem since it keeps coming back?
    I tried to go and do all the suggested steps and sometimes it works again after a couple of days.As of right now its not working again. This is really annoying!
    Thank you very much for any help!!!
    The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer and is required to install PostgreSQL. In some versions it is not started automatically and it will just give an error when trying to connect to PostgreSQL. You need to verify it is turned on via control panel > administrative tools > services > secondary logon > right-click > start AND right-click > properties and choose startup type: automatic so it will be started automatically next time your PC reboots.

If you continue to have problems this is usually a firewall or windows update issue and the following guide gives a step by step guide:
    Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Can not Connect / Failed to Start PostgreSQL

It seems like its a windows update issue because i did the secondary logon already and I also turned off firewall and tried to start HM2 but it still didnt work. Anything I can do against the "windows update issue"?

restarted my laptop for the third time now and its working again. Cant really explain why... hope it stays that way! :-)

Each time it's an issue with Secondary Logon? Is it set to run automatically?

Please see this FAQ to fix Windows problems - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How to repair Windows files

Make sure that you reset your winsock, as it is an almost magical cure for Postgres and any other networking issues.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Hi, I just upgraded my windows from 7 to 10. I have hands but nothing on report. When I try to play poker, My HUD is ok, but my everybody is like new player to me and his hands starts from 0, although I have many hands for him. Is it because I created a new database? I tried even to preinstall the holdem manager. It doesn't work. I have 150k hands, but I have nothing on reports...
    Last edited by minfox; 11-14-2015 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by minfox View Post
    Hi, I just upgraded my windows from 7 to 10. I have hands but nothing on report. When I try to play poker, My HUD is ok, but my everybody is like new player to me and his hands starts from 0, although I have many hands for him. Is it because I created a new database?
    Please try to vacuum/analyze and reindex your database - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Database Manager (Ribbon)

If you continue to have problems, try the following:

Try creating a new DataBase and import a small portion of your \HM2Archive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How to create a new database and import previously played hands

If the new database seems to work properly, it sounds like your database might be corrupt. This is why regular backups are a good idea. If your database becomes corrupt you can restore a backup and only have to import the most recent hands (that were played after the backup was created) and edit any tournament results if necessary.

Here is a FAQ explaining how to backup your database and all settings in one easy step - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How does Backup and Restore Database, Settings and HUD configs work?

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem and zip/attach your HM2Logs folder with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How Do I Send a Log File to Holdem Manager Support?

Please zip and email the requested files via the 'Contact Support' link here - https://support.holdemmanager.com/ - and if there is a forum thread with additional information please link to this thread and let us know your forum name if there are several people in the thread.

Also include a small sample of recent hands from the archive folder. When sending any files please zip them (right-click > send to > compressed folder) before attaching them to an email. If the attachment is larger than 10MB please upload them to a file hosting site like dropbox, then 'copy public link' and paste the download link directly into the support ticket.

This has also happened to me a few times and it is very annoying. I followed these steps and was able to connect the PostgreSQL.