Holdem Manager 2 & Windows 10 - Page 11
Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Hi, I was w8 and my HM2 running good, today I updated to W10 and... :
    https://gyazo.com/d1c8a8ea1dab58aa3fb9c7c117fd31af
    https://gyazo.com/406267d8423c64f4fb24e8a51515a95a

Help please...

Quote Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
    You are very welcome. Thank you for letting us know it solved your problems. It helps us when crafting future replies to other customers with similar problems.

Good luck at the tables. If you have any further questions or problems do not hesitate to ask us.
    Maybe I spoke a little bit too soon. Played a bit yesterday but since I have a high res screen (3840x2160) on a 15.6" laptop I felt that everything was a little too small.
    I kept the scaling at 100% but had to make the size of "apps, text,..." bigger.
    It was at 150% and that gave me some overgang but changing it to 175% gave me no overhang anymore. Keeping it at 150% is really too small so is there a way to work around this?

Quote Originally Posted by varosky View Post
    Hi, I was w8 and my HM2 running good, today I updated to W10 and... :
    https://gyazo.com/d1c8a8ea1dab58aa3fb9c7c117fd31af
    https://gyazo.com/406267d8423c64f4fb24e8a51515a95a

Help please...
    Please see this FAQ for help in resolving licensing issues:
    Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: I Can Not Activate or Register Holdem Manager

If you continue to have problems we need you to send us the \HM2Logs folder as explained in the last steps under 'Contact Support'.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceyFCB View Post
    Maybe I spoke a little bit too soon. Played a bit yesterday but since I have a high res screen (3840x2160) on a 15.6" laptop I felt that everything was a little too small.
    I kept the scaling at 100% but had to make the size of "apps, text,..." bigger.
    It was at 150% and that gave me some overgang but changing it to 175% gave me no overhang anymore. Keeping it at 150% is really too small so is there a way to work around this?
    HM2 does not officially support 4k resolution or DPI Scaling over 125% and we have no plans to be able to support them in HM2 in the future. PT4 has similar problems with DPI scaling in their Vector HUD. We hope to be able to support them in HM3 eventually but it is too early in the HM3 Alpha process to be sure if we can. Chances are that the GUI will support >125 DPI scaling yet the HUD will not as the HM3 HUD will be completely different code than the HM2 HUD.

I have HM2 on my Windows 10 PC and it causes my PC to freeze for around 2 seconds around every couple of minutes or so. It is really annoying and causes many misclicks. Help?

I'm really sorry and I know there is nothing more frustrating than having issues like this when trying to play. I hope i can help you resolve this quickly.

What is your hard drive model, RAM and CPU? You can find this in your Control Panel - System - Device Manager. Sometimes lower spec PC's can contribute to lagging but that is not to say we can't still improve it further.

Does it help if you try disabling Note Caddy? Open HUD Settings, make sure you are on the HUD Designer tab, and uncheck "Show Caddy notes in HUD." Restart HM2.

In the meantime while you reply with those details I have a couple of things you can try that will improve the performance of your PC in general

Please check these 2 FAQs and try all the steps there to see if they help:
    - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Software Security Problems (Firewall) - Resolves issues where security software continually try to scan files and processes which can slow down your PC
    - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Fix Holdem Manager 2 Lagging (Reports & HUD) - General tips and solutions for performance issues

A few other things you could try to see if it helps when playing:
    - Does it help you disable the Settings > General Settings > Miscellaneous > [ ] 'Automatically Refresh' option and restart HM2?
    - Try leaving HM2 on the 'Home' tab when playing.
    - Try picking a villain in the reports that only has a few hands in your database instead of your hero and restart HM2.
    - Try creating a new smaller database with just hands from the past 1 or 2 months to use when playing - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How to create a new database and import previously played hands

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem, describe exactly what you were doing, and attach your new \HM2logs folder -
    Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How Do I Send a Log File to Holdem Manager Support?

Please send to support@holdemmanager.com with a link to this thread.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Tried all that you suggested, still getting a ton of freezing.

Hard drive: SanDisk Ultra II SDSSDHII-480G-G25 2.5" 480GB SATA Revision 3.0 (6 Gb/s) Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
    RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel 1066 MHz
    CPU: Haswell Intel Core i7 5820K

I just got a brand new Alienware Area 51 R2 and I would think thta this would be more than enough to run HM2 smoothly.

Note Caddy has always been disabled.

What else can I do?

Please follow the last steps:

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem, describe exactly what you were doing, and attach your new \HM2logs folder -
    Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How Do I Send a Log File to Holdem Manager Support?

Please send to support@holdemmanager.com with a link to this thread.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Im here to back up hem2 side with my free will
    Hi there i went from windows 7 home 64x to windows 10 home. first problem accured immediately - i couldnt connect postgresql database. found out kaspersky antivirus was causing it. Removed it (im actually not a big fan of running antivirus software on my computers im fully satisfied with windows defender for long time). Hem2 started like a charm When i went on windows defender it caused the same issues so i put exceptions in firewall for all hem2 files and postgresql files and had no problems ever since.

Later on i decided to tweak my pc speed and disabled loads of services including secondary logon service because i dont have 2 accounts on PC. Hem2 had no problems and till today doesnt have.

Then i decided to tweak notecaddy speed so did use Alan Jacksons manual of tweaking. Instead of having postgresql 8.x version went for postgresql 9.4 manually. Everything works just fine.

I am having intel cpu and nvidia GPU + SSD

There was an issue with Kaspersky 2015. Any of the other versions should work.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)