Notewindow/Handviewer/Marking hands lags during longer session

Default Notewindow/Handviewer/Marking hands lags during longer session

Hey there,
    have a problem with HM2/NC for a couple of weeks now. Thought it might be a performance issue but got a new PC (i7-5960X, 32gig RAM, ..) which shouldnt be an issue at all now.

Running win7 x64, newest HM2 (8320) and newest Notecaddy (25124). Made sure that I reinstalled everything from scratch when I got the new PC. Imported all hands into new database (just restored marked hands/notes, etc).

Problem occurs when I'm in a session. After a while it takes couple of seconds (5-15seconds) to open handviewer. If i want to mark a hand or want to choose a tag for the hand it again takes 5-10seconds until the checkbox gets checked or dropdown list opens, etc.
    Same goes for notewindow. Takes long to open and I cannot really write something into it becuase than HM2 stars lagging again and I have to wait until it unfreezes 10-15 seconds later.
    Also if want to navigate in HM2 itself it lags. I cannot change report tabs and stuff. Problem gets way better if I stop import/HUD. Then I can navigate pretty quick. Starting import/HUD again = lagging again.
    I thought there might be too much hands in HEM Data/Autoimport folders so I made a batch script that deletes/moves all files in those directories before HM2 starts = no improvement.

No idea what I can try next and wanted to know if someone else might have same issues...

Files should be auto archived by HM2.

I'm really sorry and I know there is nothing more frustrating than having issues like this when trying to play. I hope i can help you resolve this quickly.

What is your hard drive model, RAM and CPU? You can find this in your Control Panel - System - Device Manager. Sometimes lower spec PC's can contribute to lagging but that is not to say we can't still improve it further.

Are you running Notecaddy also and do you have many definitions or use any of the NC Edge or NC Advantage packages? Those can also have an impact on large database with large definitions. If you do I would suggest reading this thread which will help improve the performance when using NC:
    NoteCaddy speed improvement - Assaultware Wiki

In the meantime while you reply with those details I have a couple of things you can try that will improve the performance of your PC in general and may help if this scanning is the cause of the issues your seeing.

Please check these 2 FAQs and try all the steps there to see if they help:
    - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...%28Firewall%29 - Resolves issues where security software continually try to scan files and processes which can slow down your PC
    - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...rts+%26+HUD%29 - General tips and solutions for performance issues

A few other things you could try to see if it helps when playing:
    - Does it help you disable the Options > Settings > General Settings > Miscellaneous > [ ] 'Automatically Refresh' option and restart HM2?
    - Try leaving HM2 on the 'Home' tab when playing.
    - Try picking a villain in the reports that only has a few hands in your database instead of your hero and restart HM2.
    - Try creating a new smaller database with just hands from the past 1 or 2 months to use when playing.

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem, describe exactly what you were doing, and attach your log.txt file -
    http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
    Files should be auto archived by HM2.
    What is your hard drive model, RAM and CPU? You can find this in your Control Panel - System - Device Manager. Sometimes lower spec PC's can contribute to lagging but that is not to say we can't still improve it further.
    CPU: INTEL Core i7-5960X 8x 3.00Ghz
    RAM: CORSAIR Dominator Platinum Series DDR4-2666, CL15 - 32GB
    HDDs: 2x Samsung SSD Evo 830, 1x Samsung SSD Evo 840

Are you running Notecaddy also and do you have many definitions or use any of the NC Edge or NC Advantage packages? Those can also have an impact on large database with large definitions. If you do I would suggest reading this thread which will help improve the performance when using NC:
    NoteCaddy speed improvement - Assaultware Wiki
    Running Alan Jackson's Notecaddy packages and already worked through all performance guides (NC, SSDs, etc)

Please check these 2 FAQs and try all the steps there to see if they help:
    - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...%28Firewall%29 - Resolves issues where security software continually try to scan files and processes which can slow down your PC
    - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...rts+%26+HUD%29 - General tips and solutions for performance issues

A few other things you could try to see if it helps when playing:
    - Does it help you disable the Options > Settings > General Settings > Miscellaneous > [ ] 'Automatically Refresh' option and restart HM2?
    - Try leaving HM2 on the 'Home' tab when playing.
    - Try picking a villain in the reports that only has a few hands in your database instead of your hero and restart HM2.
    - Try creating a new smaller database with just hands from the past 1 or 2 months to use when playing.
    Had to add HM/HudFuncs to Kasperksy exceptions. Will give an update if this has any impact.
    Didnt say that in the OP, but already have done/doing everything that you suggested.
    Last edited by Guenni; 05-31-2015 at 05:51 AM.

No change. Logfiles sent.
    Saw that I have a bunch of zip-files in my %Appdata%/HM directory which are named as SERIAL-DATE.zip and include a password protected notecaddy error logfile.