CPU getting hot when processing notes

Default CPU getting hot when processing notes

Hi
    When I process my notes in notecaddy (v2.5.1.23) after 5 min or so my CPU temp rises to 75-80C and my Core 0 and Core 1 temps >85C (data from Speedfan). CPU usage is at >90%. I have the NC Edge Ultimate package. My system is an i5 750@2.67 GHz and I have 8 GB RAM. Is this typical behaviour or should I be concerned about these seemingly high temperatures?
    Thanks in advance

That NC is maxing out your CPU when creating notes is normal. Not normal are the temperatures. You should free your computer from dust as this is the most likely cause for the overheating.

Edit: just looked up your CPU, it shouldn't get hotter than 73°.
    Last edited by NoteCaddy Predator; 05-06-2015 at 12:13 PM.

Hi Ruffian,

First thanks for owning NCE! Regarding your temperature, it sounds like it may be a bit on the high side. Have you overclocked your processor? If so you may want to try dialing it down. Something else easy you can try is to turn the cores down in NoteCaddy and see if that makes a difference in the temperature for you.

Here is a helpful link with some suggestions which may help you as well What temperature should my processor be running at?

Thanks for the prompt responses guys and for the recommendations. My PC is free of dust as I've had my local computer shop look into the high CPU temperature. He's put on new paste on etc but asked me to ask the question 'is this amount of %CPU usage and temperatures normal for this application'. So I guess my answer should be that, the CPU usage is normal but the temperatures are not and are too high, and take it from there. Not sure if my processor is overclocked. I've not done it but will look into at.
    Thanks again.

My CPU also almost maxes out and i never come above 55°. That said, i use an aftermarket CPU-cooler which cools way better than the original ones from Intel. Try also to read out the temperature with different programs to verify if it really gets that hot.

2.66Ghz is default speed for i5 750, so it's not overclocked. You most likely have stock "box" cooler, which looks like this:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=inte...ooler&tbm=isch
    they put this same cheap cooler on 99% of their CPUs. Change it to something decent like zalman cnps10x performa (10x, not 11x). But really any 120mm tower cooler will do, even DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX 300 is an overkill for stock 2.66ghz. They start at around $20, the cheapest one is by far better then the stock piece of aluminium. Your PC will get more quite as well because stock cooler's fan runs at 3k rpm.

You have good CPU, very overclockable, it can run at 4Ghz+ with decent cooler. You will get at least 3.8Ghz on any 120mm tower cooler. But you need p55 motherboard, not gonna happen on h55/h57 though.

Thanks guys
    I've forwarded this thread to the guy who has been looking at my PC so sounds like I need him to put a new cooler in and hopefully that'll sort it.
    Cheers