HUD doesn't always show mucked cards

Default HUD doesn't always show mucked cards

For some time now, whenever I play HUHU, the HUD only shows mucked cards about half the time, with no clear pattern that I can see. When I play 6max, everything is fine. I have tried all the troubleshooting steps that I could find:

-made sure everything is running as admin
    -tried exporting and reimporting my HUHU HUD configuration
    -closed all unnecessary programs
    -made sure my computer is fully updated

Nothing helps. I have a fast computer with plenty of memory (4th gen. i7, 8GB RAM, SSD). Interestingly, I sometimes play on my second, much older computer (about five years old, 2GB RAM), and I have no problems.

I used the " Copy log files to desktop" feature in order to send the logs. However, some of the log files are really big, one is about 900MB, and the log.txt file is 50MB. So I'm not sure what the best way is to send them.

Which site or sites are you experiencing this issue with? Some sites do not write muck cards for an opponent's losing hand to the hand history file unless he chooses to manually show them.

Which files are 900mb? You can zip the folder as instructed in our FAQ and upload it to a free file hosting site (dropbox, googledrive, filedropper, wetransfer, etc) and email us a download link.

I will look into a free upload site.

This happens on major poker sites such as Pokerstars. It only happens when I play HUHU (regardless of whether it's a 6max or HUHU table), and only about half the time with no clear pattern that I can see. When I play 6max everything's fine. Also, when I play using my other computer, everything is fine as well.

The 900 MB file in my log is log_4_17_2015_23_48_3.txt. Is this normal or is this indicative of some problem?

Quote Originally Posted by ole_lukoe View Post
    I will look into a free upload site.

This happens on major poker sites such as Pokerstars. It only happens when I play HUHU (regardless of whether it's a 6max or HUHU table), and only about half the time with no clear pattern that I can see. When I play 6max everything's fine. Also, when I play using my other computer, everything is fine as well.

The 900 MB file in my log is log_4_17_2015_23_48_3.txt. Is this normal or is this indicative of some problem?
    We only need the log.txt file generally as long as you haven't restarted HM2 since you logged/reproduced the problem. Those are just older logs and can be deleted, but they should get pruned out later as the most old logs we save are 10 if you increased that setting from the default of 1.

A log file that big is likely from a log session and filled with many errors of some sort and/or you had feature logging enabled.

We may actually want some HUD specific feature logging for the muck card problem and a copy of the hand history files from the table/session:

Please enable the Settings > Feature Logging > [x] 'HUDStats' option and increase the Max number of log files option to 10 so old logs are saved with date/time stamps. You can also enable this before you launch HM2 from the Start Menu - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ging#startmenu

Please reproduce the problem and:
    - Use the tool in the following link to send a HUD Report - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...Reporting+Tool
    - Attach a screen shot of the table/desktop
    - Try to include the Active Sessions tab and/or Sessions Report that also includes your windows clock and poker client lobby clock in the screen shot
    - Save a copy of the original Hand history for the table with the issue
    - Close HM2 and zip/attach your \HM2Logs folder with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F

With all the above information we should be able to narrow down what is causing the issue, if all the information is not included we will need to email you again to request it.

Please zip and email the requested files to hm2support@holdemmanager.com and if there is a forum thread with additional information please link to this thread and let us know your forum name if there are several people in the thread.

I will work on sending all of the information that you asked for. Meanwhile, I looked through the 900 MB log file as well as the current log.txt file, which is about 50 MB, to see what kinds of errors were being generated in such great numbers. I assumed this could provide a good clue as to the cause of the HUD problems. It appears that the most typical problem in those log files looks like this:

13:06:08.409 [Main:1 - SelectedHandsChangedEventArgs.get_HandHistories] [[HighPriority] ] System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index
    at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
    at HoldemManager.Infrastructure.Events.Poker.Selected HandsChangedEventArgs.get_HandHistories()
    13:06:08.409 [Main:1 - SelectedHandsChangedEventArgs.get_HandHistories] [[General] ] Raw hand history:
    13:06:08.409 [Main:1 - SelectedHandsChangedEventArgs.get_HandHistories] [[General] ] File: HH20150107...

And then what follows is the name of the file and a hand history for one HUHU hand. The log files are filled with errors like that. Does this give you some idea of what might be going on?

Please move that file from the Stars folder. Is it a play money hand or non-Holdem/Omaha?

Make sure the database is not corrupted.

Please try to vacuum/analyze and reindex your database - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...29#maintenance

If you continue to have problems, try the following:

Try creating a new DataBase and import a small portion of your \HM2Archive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...y+played+hands

If the new database seems to work properly, it sounds like your database might be corrupt. Please continue to use the new database and import the rest of your hands using the steps above.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
    Please move that file from the Stars folder. Is it a play money hand or non-Holdem/Omaha?
    These are regular cash hold'em hands. Just to make sure we are on the same page, this is not "a" hand, the huge log files consist of errors that look like that. It appears that only HUHU hands produce this type of error, on all sites. My guess is that whenever I play a hand where the mucked cards are not shown to me, that particular hand appears in the log file with that type of error, though I cannot confirm that. Note that not all HUHU hands result in the mucked cards not being shown, sometimes they are shown just fine, with no discernible pattern.

If all of that does not change your recommendation I will proceed to do what you suggested.

If you continue to have problems please zip up and email the problem hand histories with details of the issue you are experiencing or a link to the relevant thread and send it to hm2support@holdemmanager.com

All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM2Archive is in C:\HM2Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth e.g C:\HM2Archive\2009\07\31 or if it was auto-imported with v7283+ it would be in C:\HM2Archive\SiteName\YYYY\MM\DD.

When sending any hand history files please zip them (right-click > send to > compressed folder) before attaching them to an email. If the attachment is too big to attach to an email please upload them to a file hosting site like dropbox or filedropper and send us the download link.

Move the files from the Stars folder and see what happens.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)