Error and failing to analyze hands
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Error and failing to analyze hands

Hey all,

I get this error when trying to analyze in leakbuster.

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Holdem Manager 2\History.leak' is denied.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
    at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path)
    at srCZCPNX4LFkXUjM9OG.YEynZVNMKZlsdNjgh0J.MVrkqbwlb4 ()
    at XZxWO0ZfRJ9ThQg82MS.uQrfAuZoMsp73wXGc49.vwOxzfENyh (Boolean , Boolean , Boolean , Boolean , Boolean , DateTime , DateTime , String , Int32 , Stake , List`1 savedStatsArray, pIs9a9rJUei3hHZQ89 , Boolean )
    Internal version: 510

A second error used to come up but running as admin got rid of that. It seems to acknowledge and analyse but then comes up blank with 0 leaks and A+ (I know I'm not THAT good..).

Even the "Ideal Sample" - o meter goes up slightly whilst analysing, then it drops back and shows the sample size as "0". Any ideas here?

Thanks for your time,

Sam

These errors usually indicate a permissions problem. Please see this FAQ to alleviate any security bottlenecks - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...olders+HM2+use
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Like it was mentioned above, it would be a permissions issue. I really haven't seen this before, but if it's not allowing you to write to a file, something is being blocked by a virus scanner / firewall or general admin permissions issue.

Thanks I'll have to just see what I can do with what you've given me here. And if I can't get it to work? I've paid for the product and it used to work..I have an endless list of issues with HEM2 to be honest, it's somewhat frustrating. It logs Full Tilt games just fine (although it lags a hand or two behind) but poker stars just leaves them permanently with "1" hand..It's linked to PS' hand history and that is logging hands also, so how would I also deal with that?

We'll make sure we get you working. I know, sometimes changes in system settings or slight things can change a lot of thing. But as far as your know, Leak Buster was working fine, and was it after a recent HM2 update that you started having issues?

It may be the fact that I used to use it on a different computer for one. I can't recollect whether it worked on here before..Is HEM2 by any chance not a fan of windows 8? Additionally it is just entirely unuseable on PS; I'm getting names of people who aren't even on the table scattered about in the wrong order, and not tracking hands even though it's linked up. Here's a screen shot for you to see for yourself:

whatps.png

Regarding an update with leakbuster that may be the case. I do feel like it worked on here initially and now doesn't.

In regards to initial setup, everytime I uncheck read only on folders they go back to being checked as read only. How can I amend this?

As far as your HM2 replayer, you just need to adjust the player seat position and save the positions. I think HM2 has some tutorials on this if you're not sure. I can ask them.

As far as your folders going unchecked again, that's very strange. I haven't heard of that before. Is there anything significant you've done to your system lately? You can try changing the read status on the command prompt, but you really shouldn't have to do any of that to save a change or to have LB saving files. The only thing I can think of is if your virus scanner locked the folder properties LB was trying to access. I haven't seen one do this, but it could be possible. What virus scanner are you running?

If you could please, that would be helpful.

I'm running AVG. How would I make it unlock them if this were the case?

As our FAQ says, folders will always say read only. This is a Windows issue.

AVG causes major issues. It blocks the database folder, keeping us from writing to it. In some cases, we have seen AVG corrupt Windows to the point the hard drive needs to be reformatted. We do not recommend using it at any time. We recommend Microsoft Security Essentials or Kaspersky for the lowest chance of HM2 conflicts while staying protected against viruses. Many of those free Norton, Mcaffee, Comodo, Zonealarm, Avira, Avast, AVG, Bitdefender, etc, 'internet security' bundles will not work well with Holdem Manager.

Please do the following steps, so we can get your computer to a state that we know will work with Holdem Manager:

1) Uninstall any 3rd party security software bundles.
    2) Reboot your computer
    3) Please install the latest version: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...ger_2_Beta.exe
    - After downloading, you should right-click the file, go to properties and click unblock. Then, right click the file and run as administrator.
    4) Enable Windows Firewall's recommended settings through your Control Panel, turn off Windows Defender, and add firewall exceptions for HM and SQL - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...rewall%29#MSES
    5) Install Microsoft Security Essentials for antivirus/malware protection and update it - Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows
    Regards udbrky (Chris)