HM2 Crashing and freezing my PokerStars 7 Client during a session

Angry HM2 Crashing and freezing my PokerStars 7 Client during a session

Hi, from time to time hm2 is crashing and freezing my PokerStars 7 Client and its driving me mad since there's nothing more frustrating than folding a AA,KK + cuz HM2 is crashing your computer. i'm really starting to get pissed off, so if any of you guys could help me with this problem id be greatly appreciated. Here are my Notebook Specs

Windows 8,1 64x Intel core i34005U CPU@ 1,70GHz 1,70 GHz
    RAM 4,00 GB

''Acer Aspire E5 571 3513''

I'm really sorry and I know there is nothing more frustrating than having issues like this when trying to play. I hope i can help you resolve this quickly.

What is your hard drive model, RAM and CPU? You can find this in your Control Panel - System - Device Manager. Sometimes lower spec PC's can contribute to lagging but that is not to say we can't still improve it further.

Are you running Notecaddy also and do you have many definitions or use any of the NC Edge or NC Advantage packages? Those can also have an impact on large database with large definitions. If you do I would suggest reading this thread which will help improve the performance when using NC:
    http://wiki.assaultware.com/NoteCadd...provement.ashx

In the meantime while you reply with those details I have a couple of things you can try that will improve the performance of your PC in general and may help if this scanning is the cause of the issues your seeing.

Please check these 2 FAQs and try all the steps there to see if they help:
    - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...%28Firewall%29 - Resolves issues where security software continually try to scan files and processes which can slow down your PC
    - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...rts+%26+HUD%29 - General tips and solutions for performance issues

A few other things you could try to see if it helps when playing:
    - Does it help you disable the Options > Settings > General Settings > Miscellaneous > [ ] 'Automatically Refresh' option and restart HM2?
    - Try leaving HM2 on the 'Home' tab when playing.
    - Try picking a villain in the reports that only has a few hands in your database instead of your hero and restart HM2.
    - Try creating a new smaller database with just hands from the past 1 or 2 months to use when playing.

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem, describe exactly what you were doing, and attach your log.txt file -
    http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Cant find my HD model. But its 1TB. CPU Intel core i34005U CPU@ 1,70GHz 1,70 GHz and RAM 4,00 GB. I have already tried disabling
    ''Automatically Refresh'' but it still freezing.

Sounds like a performance issue... 1.7Ghz isn't that fast... and the postgre software (the database) utilizes a lot of instances in the background using up a LOT of ram too. and poker clients use up about 200MB+ as well...

I'd make sure you don't have any unnecessary programs running in the background, turn off windows update as the windows installer will use about 20% of your CPU resources, but in your case, probably a lot more. Turn off windows indexing as that will use about 40MB+ of RAM.. and dont have any browser windows open, they'll use over 200MB of RAM as well, especially Chrome, that crappy thing will also use a lot of CPU resources as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mis$terJack View Post
    Cant find my HD model. But its 1TB. CPU Intel core i34005U CPU@ 1,70GHz 1,70 GHz and RAM 4,00 GB. I have already tried disabling
    ''Automatically Refresh'' but it still freezing.
    If it is 1TB then it is most likely a HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and not a SSD and given the rest of your system specs I would also guess it is a 5400rpm version instead of the faster 7200rpm type. For optimal performance we recommend an i5 or i7 cpu, 8GB or more of RAM and a Solid State Drive (SSD) instead of a mechanical drive as the SSD's are significantly faster.

Did any of the other suggestions such as staying on the home tab when you start HM2, picking a non-hero as the active player and restarting HM2 (and possibly again try staying on the Home tab after restart) or creating a new/smaller database help? If not, we need you to send us a log file as requested via email.