Missing hands after restoreing DB - please help ASAP

Default Missing hands after restoreing DB - please help ASAP

Hello HEM.

First of all, you should really have HEM make an error message, when it makes a backup, and then stops due to not enought HDD space. That costed me ALOT of trouble. AND when a restore or backup is going wrong, it stores a HUGE amount in the "TEMP" folder. Stored 122GB on my 250GB SSD HDD, which meant I had 22GB free space. Then restoring a DB is a 40GB process? Was close to buying a bigger HDD, just to get rid of the problem, but I found the folder, and just deleted everything I could - problem solved(?).

Now to my newest problem. I made a backup of my synced HEM from my other computer, contraing about 1M hero hands, put it on an external HDD, transfered it to my main computer, and then started restoring (with enough avaliable space). When succesfully(?) restored, it tells me that i only have 580k hands. Still 1M on the other computer. I have check all boxes when makeing the backup, and I have checked all HERO names in aliases. Thats the same. What could be the problem?

I have reinstalled HEM and postgreSQL today, before restoring the DB. HEM is also up to date. The size of my DB is 12GB on both computers, which is a little weird, when im missing so many hands?

I hope you can give me a fast answer, it hasn't been working for the last 2 days, keeping me away from the tables. (First time clicking the tune btn in HEM destroyed postgreSQL totally).

Do you have the same version of postgresql on both computers?

Please try to vacuum/analyze and reindex your database - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...29#maintenance

If you continue to have problems, try the following it sounds like your database backup or restore might be corrupt. This is why regular backups are a good idea and you should keep more than one recent backup on hand.

There isn't anything beyond that we can do to help you repair a backup or restored database so you would have to try another backup and another restore.

Do you even read what I wrote? How should I get the same versions of postgresQL on my computers?? Should I reinstall both my computers, and then reinstall my DB???

First, find the version that you have on computer 1.

This is done in Control Panel - Programs, or Control Panel - Administrative Tools (could be in System & Security) - Services, or going to the installation folder and right-clicking the postgres.exe file to see details. It could also say it in the subfolder.

Second, download the same version from Download PostgreSQL | EnterpriseDB and install this version.

Then, restore the backed up database on that computer.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Just checked it. Both computers are running 8.4 version.

How many hands are still missing?

Did you try importing the c:\hm2archive from computer 1?
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

So, I made a new backup from my other computer (I still have a computer, with a complete DB on), and a new restore on the other computer. This time it only gets 110k hands. Last time it was 580k hands from the other backup. It's like HEM just stops restoreing, without any error messages (The restoring process only takes like 20 minuttes, and doesn't say restore completede or anything).

I have reinstalled both HEM and postgreSQL on the computer, where the DB restoring is not wokring. I can't use c:\hm2archive, because some of the hands are from 2011, and I have reinstalled my computer serveral times before. It's pretty strange. I'll try to restore again, and se if i get the same 108k hands result.

I checked "Create a new DB", as i've triede before, and now it got all my hands, with the new DB files, so all hands are restored now.

Still a little weird, but now it works

Thank you for letting us know what solved your problems. Good luck at the tables. If you have any further questions or problems do not hesitate to ask us.