HM-8614: PartyCommunicator.hm2 causing party poker client to crash - Feedback thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation HM-8614: PartyCommunicator.hm2 causing party poker client to crash - Feedback thread

We have seen reports of problems with the party poker client crashing reported on other forums and some players feel it could be related to HM2/PT4. Others have said the party client crashes regardless of whether HM2 is running or not. We have written up an internal ticket [HM-8614] for tracking this issue and user's feedback.

We would like to get some clarification on this problem and try to determine for sure if it has anything to do with HM2.

What we need if you have been having problems with the Party Client crashing and don't play Fast Forward tables:

1) Close HM2 and PartyPoker client and install the latest beta 8305 HM2 client if you are not using the latest beta, or you deleted the PartyCommunicator.hm2 file after installing the most recent beta, so that .hm2 file can be reinstalled.

- Please update to the latest beta version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloa...AutoUpdate.exe
    - After downloading, right-click the file, go to properties and click unblock. Then, right click the file and run as administrator to complete the reinstall.

2) Open this file in appdata with notepad:
    Code:
    AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\Config\FastPokerConfig.xml
    If you can't see it, turn off the windows option that is hiding that directory. http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...es+in+Windows+

3) Set PartyPoker to false like this and save the file.
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    <FastPokerConfig>
        <Site Name="Pokerstars" Enabled="true"/>
        <Site Name="FullTilt" Enabled="true"/>
        <Site Name="PartyPoker" Enabled="false"/>
        <Site Name="IPoker" Enabled="true"/>
    </FastPokerConfig>
    4) Start HM2 and PartyPoker again and see if it helps

If the Party Client crashes:
    - Please screen grab the error and copy any details from the error report window to your clipboard if possible and paste them into a text file.
    - Open Windows Event Viewer's - Windows Logs - Applications. Check for any errors and send the information (Save All Events As...).
    - Please send a log file as well - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F

Email these files to hm2support@holdemmanager.com with a link to this thread and your forum name.

Others have said the party client crashes regardless of whether HM2 is running or not.
    That's because Party had their MTT ad popups cause crashes as well, on top of the partycommunicator problems. I'll test the settings change now.

No crashes after first 2.5hr session with the latest beta (didn't delete partycommunicator) and with that setting changed to false

Quote Originally Posted by Lessu View Post
    That's because Party had their MTT ad popups cause crashes as well, on top of the partycommunicator problems. I'll test the settings change now.
    Two of our internal testers said the same thing. Thanks for the confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lessu View Post
    No crashes after first 2.5hr session with the latest beta (didn't delete partycommunicator) and with that setting changed to false
    This is good (and bad) to hear. Hopefully others will post their results over the weekend.

If you have continued success with this setting disabled and are willing to try enabling it again could you change that setting back to true and play a (micro stakes?) session to see if it crashes? This latest beta has some code changes we didn't mention that should reduce the potential points that could crash when this setting is enabled, so in addition to the feedback we are seeking with it disabled we are hoping to also get feedback (or a reduction in number of reported crashes) from those that have not disabled this setting.

was having A LOT of crashes before deleting partycommunicator on NJParty. Running smooth for 2 weeks now, not a single crash.
    I'll reinstall tonight and post a followup after using it later today!

Thanks Fozzy!

Played a three hour session today, cash and tournaments and didn't have a single crash after following instructions...

You are very welcome. Thank you for letting us know it solved your problems. It helps us when crafting future replies to other customers with similar problems.

Good luck at the tables. If you have any further questions or problems do not hesitate to ask us.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

So I've been playing a few days now without any crashes with this fix.

In the past I deleted the partycommunicator.hm2 file and that also produced no crashes.

Thanks and keep up the support for Partypoker !

You are very welcome. Thank you for letting us know it solved your problems. It helps us when crafting future replies to other customers with similar problems.

Good luck at the tables. If you have any further questions or problems do not hesitate to ask us.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

No crashes here either after changing the setting.

Is it still necessary to play a test session with the old setting to see if it crashes or have you figured out the cause?

As it normally takes 1-2 hours for the crash to happen and I don't want to risk it playing my normal stakes (so i'd have to play lower just to test this), I'd rather not test it but can do if you feel it would really help you.