Partitions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Partitions

Default Partitions

hi,

I wanted to ask how the "average stacksize" option works in the partitions tab. If I make a definition only for 2 players on table(by putting that in the upper partitions tab) and then I add average staksize partitions. Now does it actually filter for average stacksize (playerAstack + playerBstack) : 2 or does it filter for effective stacksize?
    I want it to be filtered for effective and I think that should be the standard for 2 players only definitons.

No direction but to trust the final destination

Effective stack changes for each action in the hand and NC only knows the information at the beginning of the hand so it's not effective but rather average as stated
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

But the effective stacksize at the beginning is all that's important no?

Let's say in a HU, villain SB has a 20bb stack, BB has a 50bb stack.
    We make a definition for SB raise first, and then 4bet vs 3bet.

If we use effective at the start of the hand we get villains correct statistics for 20BB play. If we use average we get statistics for his play around ~35bb that are not even accurate at all. How is that more useful?

But the effective stacksize at the beginning is all that's important no?
    Only in this one scenario. If there are more players then effective stack differs depending on who is acting. We don't know that.

How is that more useful?
    I didn't say it was more useful I said it's what's available. The software has to work consistently for all situations in order to create the best user experience possible.
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

Oh that's what I said from the beginning, effective should be standard for (only) HU scenarios!

Say we make a definition and use partions: 2-2, 3-4, 5-6 players
    For 2-2 the program uses effective
    For 3-4, 5-6 program uses average stacksize

This would work consistently for all situations and make the partition feature as a whole more useful.

Thank you for your suggestion. It will be considered for a future release

Okay cool! Any other way you can think of that would allow me to make the definition "effective stacksize-dynamic"?
    I could make extra definitions for each stacksize, but putting all that in a hud or popup would be too much info to swift through ingame.

I was wondering as well, since you mentioned that notecaddy only knows the stacksizes at the beginning of hands. Do the average stacksize partitions work the first hand after a blindraise or are they off?
    Same question with partitions for # of players: In a 3 player tournament when the partitions are set for 2-2 and 3-3, do the partitions in the HUD kick in first hand after one player busts 3rd or only in the hand after that?

Quote Originally Posted by humbold View Post
    Okay cool! Any other way you can think of that would allow me to make the definition "effective stacksize-dynamic"?
    I could make extra definitions for each stacksize, but putting all that in a hud or popup would be too much info to swift through ingame.
    Like I said effective changes during a hand and therefore cannot be dynamic at this time

Quote Originally Posted by humbold View Post
    I was wondering as well, since you mentioned that notecaddy only knows the stacksizes at the beginning of hands. Do the average stacksize partitions work the first hand after a blindraise or are they off?
    Same question with partitions for # of players: In a 3 player tournament when the partitions are set for 2-2 and 3-3, do the partitions in the HUD kick in first hand after one player busts 3rd or only in the hand after that?
    They work pre blinds

Quote Originally Posted by sreticentv View Post
    Like I said effective changes during a hand and therefore cannot be dynamic at this time
    No, that's not what I meant with dynamic at all.
    I want a stat/definition that changes based on effective STARTING stack size.
    Right now I have those definitions in my hud: "SB_minraise_18-20bb", "SB_minraise_20-25bb", "SB_minraise_25-30bb" etc.
    This is basically wasting my hud space because I only need one of those stats depending on the situation I'm in.
    Do you get my point? There is no need for anything else but the effective stacksize at the start of the hand!

They work pre blinds
    Maybe I'm bad at explaining stuff in english, idk. My question was, does a definition, in the hud, when partitions are set(2-2; 3-3), update the first hand after the table goes from 3 player to only 2? Or does it take another HH for notecaddy to recognize that only 2 people are left and therefore the definition now must filter for 2 players only.