after purging ~3mil. hands i have less room on my hard drive ?!

Default after purging ~3mil. hands i have less room on my hard drive ?!

hi , i purged about 3 mil hands last nigh and istead of having more room ( which was the idea ) i ended up having less room. Keep in mind that in the morning when i saw my PC the HM was with a notice "holdem manager stopped responding. Close program now" so i clicked close. is it possible some files to be not executed correctly ( like i purged hands but in the registry of the HEM i still have some data left that causes the PC to think that i actually have less space available )
    i tried to see what files were modified last night and i found that those files are huge ... is that normal for those files ?

i will add a picture but idk how to delete current pictured i have uploaded before because it says that i dont have sufficient space to upload a new one

Capture.PNG

ok i figured it out. those files !?

Quote Originally Posted by k_rukov View Post
    hi , i purged about 3 mil hands last nigh and istead of having more room ( which was the idea ) i ended up having less room. Keep in mind that in the morning when i saw my PC the HM was with a notice "holdem manager stopped responding. Close program now" so i clicked close. is it possible some files to be not executed correctly ( like i purged hands but in the registry of the HEM i still have some data left that causes the PC to think that i actually have less space available )
    i tried to see what files were modified last night and i found that those files are huge ... is that normal for those files ?

i will add a picture but idk how to delete current pictured i have uploaded before because it says that i dont have sufficient space to upload a new one
    If you are purging that many hands we generally suggest you just create a new database and import only the most recent hands you want instead as it is generally faster and purging hands never reclaims as much space as if you had never imported them to start with. Did you try to vacuum/analyze and reindex the database yet in the Database Manager > Maintenance menu?

Please see this FAQ to clear up some more free space - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...+of+Disk+Space

Are these mined hands? As datamining is against the rules at most/all of the sites we support we can not provide technical support with hands customers didn't actually play in as that would be helping you break the terms of service at sites we support.

ok i figured it out. those files !?
    NOOOOOO

Those files are part of your database. The only files you can ever safely delete from your \postgresql sub-folders would be files in the \data\pg_log folder.

ok before i read your post i found the pgadminIII and vacuumed - 45BG freed.
    please explain what exactly vacuum does ( i tried to find info - i couldnt)
    also is it a good idea to vacuum my notecaddy as well ?

ok before i read your post i found the pgadminIII and vacuumed - 45BG freed.
    please explain what exactly vacuum does ( i tried to find info - i couldnt)
    https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Int...AIN,_and_COUNT

also is it a good idea to vacuum my notecaddy as well ?
    NoteCaddy is part of the PostgreSQL database so you already did. NoteCaddy data was likely responsible for most of that 45gb you reclaimed. There is an option to vacuum the database in the NoteCaddy Tools menu but it does the exact same thing the HM2 Maintenance menu does, we both simply call on the PostgreSQL's PGAdmin tools. You should vacuum regularly. I recommend at least once a month, more often if you play/import a lot of hands.