While removing notes HM2 freezes and takes all remaining space on disk - cant vacuum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arrow While removing notes HM2 freezes and takes all remaining space on disk - cant vacuum

I make 3 notes inactive. HM2 started to removing them from db then takes all free space on the disk, and crushes.
    Earlier i can vacuum database and free space would come back, but now vacuum isn't working and this place is taken 4 ever.

In my case it took around 100 GB in my SSD.

Im trying to roll back to NoteCaddy2.5.0.20.zip and vacuum. Gona see if helps

anyway, any ideas?

i cant rollback to any previous verision.

Samething is happening to me! for some reason Notecaddy is taking all the HH free space while removing notes!! I had to reset all notes and create them from 0, also the process of removing notes takes for ever! Please fix this, otherwise every time I make a note inactive I will have to reset all notes and make them again, is quickier than removing just that note and doesnt take all my HH space but is ridiculous having to do that, My database is over 1 million hands and I also Have a SSHH

No direction but to trust the final destination

Postgres sometimes temporarily takes extra space when updating large amounts of text. This is not something NC can control. The workaround is always reset notes which is very easy to do
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

i did new database and try vacuum in NC - didnt working.

Guys when i want to remove some notes or just change it thus removing/creating, it takes a few hours and my computer freezes. When I reset the notes it takes like 40 minutes. So every time I change some small thing in any note, I must reset all the notes. Any solution? I have vacuumed and have SSD disk too...

No direction but to trust the final destination

The remove sequence will never be a whole lot faster than recreating notes because it has to write everything back to the database anyways due to how data is stored for optimal retrieval speed. The solution is to reset notes. Worst case you run it overnight. I know everyone wants everything right away etc but sometimes it's just not possible
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

Quote Originally Posted by fxbryt View Post
    Guys when i want to remove some notes or just change it thus removing/creating, it takes a few hours and my computer freezes. When I reset the notes it takes like 40 minutes. So every time I change some small thing in any note, I must reset all the notes. Any solution? I have vacuumed and have SSD disk too...
    Well that might be something related to your hardware since I also have a SSD and when I reset the notes it takes like 2 minutes, but to remove them takes for ever so I rather reset them all

hmmm.....but what i do not understand is that when i reset the notes, the whole bunch of notes is rested=removed in 20 seconds, but when I want to remove just one note it takes a few hours! doesnt make sens at all. how does the reset work, it deletes all the notes or they are still somewhere and just path to them is deleted?

and one more question in your digest of Definitions, I have found hero_pfr great stat, but in the Actions there are "Open Raise/4-N bet", "Open 4 bet" and "5-N bet" unchecked. Is it correct? Because in PFR there should be 4 bets or 5 bets included. Thx for your help