2.0.0.8280 Official Release Feedback Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    HM Q.A & Testing Manager random's Avatar

Default 2.0.0.8280 Official Release Feedback Thread

This is an official release for 2.0.0.8280.

You can manually download the build here, if you have any issues you can rollback to the previous stable version here.

Release notes:

Featured Updates:
    - Boss - Improvements to HUD table size detection (Svenska Spels)
    - PartyPoker - Added HUD support for new Fastforward tables "Cobra 2", "Bolt 3" and "Supersonic 2"
    - 888Poker - Resolved issue with HUD not showing up automatically on tournament tables after 888Poker client update

Sites:
    - Merge - Removed sitting out players from HUD
    - 888Poker - Resolved issue with MTT add-ons not being recognized from summary file
    - Ipoker - Added automatic HUD support for new/renamed tournaments

Reports:
    - Resolved issue with holecards grid where HM2 stopped responding

Misc:
    - Licensing - Resolved issue with date change that broke cached license

HMApps:
    - TableScanner - Added initial support for PokerStars7 client
    - TableScanner - Resolved issue with TrioBet Microgaming skin scanning
    - TableScanner - Added PokerHeaven Microgaming skin
    - TableScanner - Resolve issue with scanning on Merge
    - NoteCaddy - Updated to NC 2.5.1.10
    - LeakBuster NL - added SEK currency conversion for small stakes license
    - LeakBuster NL - added Russian translations

HM2 crashes on my PC, this version. I rolledback to 8247 and that's working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by achabra12 View Post
    HM2 crashes on my PC, this version. I rolledback to 8247 and that's working fine.
    Did you send the crash log? I don't see any recent emails or crash logs from the email associated with this forum account. Without those logs we can't find out the cause and help you solve it if it is something specific to your machine or fix it in our next update if it is a problem with our update.

Please try a clean install of HM2. This will preserve your database and backup your HUD and settings.

Step 1 – Restore Default Settings:
    First try restoring your default settings, often some settings files can become corrupt and cause these issues:
    http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...fault+settings

Step 2 – Uninstall and reinstall HM2 with Revo uninstaller:
    Other times critical system files may not have been installed on previous updates and it can also cause these types of errors or in some cases antiviruses may have removed files that it mistook for unsafe. Doing a revo uninstall also removes old registry file information which might have become corrupt. You can download the free version here: Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems and there is a useful tutorial how to use it here:
    How To Use Revo Uninstaller To Completely Uninstall Programs

Uninstall Holdem Manager 2 via Revo unistaller and then reinstall this version:
    http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...er_2_Setup.exe

Please add this file to your firewall and antivirus exceptions and run it as Administrator.

Step 3 – Follow the steps in this FAQ:
    http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...olders+HM2+use

Step 4: If the default settings work, please use the FAQ in step 1 to restore your settings and test them.

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem, describe exactly what you were doing, and attach your log.txt file -
    http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F

this version has some memory leak. 8247 works fine though, but it doesnt have hud for tourneys on 888, every time i upgrade back to this latest, or beta version hold em manager starts lagging, once i minimize it, i can't pull it up again and hud won't work also as its lagged.

Quote Originally Posted by miko View Post
    this version has some memory leak. 8247 works fine though, but it doesnt have hud for tourneys on 888, every time i upgrade back to this latest, or beta version hold em manager starts lagging, once i minimize it, i can't pull it up again and hud won't work also as its lagged.
    I'm really sorry and I know there is nothing more frustrating than having issues like this when trying to play. I hope i can help you resolve this quickly.

What is your hard drive model, RAM and CPU? You can find this in your Control Panel - System - Device Manager. Sometimes lower spec PC's can contribute to lagging but that is not to say we can't still improve it further.

Are you running Notecaddy also and do you have many definitions or use any of the NC Edge or NC Advantage packages? Those can also have an impact on large database with large definitions.
    If you do I would suggest reading this thread which will help improve the performance when using NC:
    NoteCaddy speed improvement - Assaultware Wiki

In the meantime while you reply with those details I have a couple of things you can try that will improve the performance of your PC in general and may help if this scanning is the cause of the issues your seeing.

Please check these 2 FAQs and try all the steps there to see if they help:
    - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...%28Firewall%29 - Resolves issues where security software continually try to scan files and processes which can slow down your PC
    - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...rts+%26+HUD%29 - General tips and solutions for performance issues

A few other things you could try to see if it helps when playing:
    - Does it help you disable the Options > Settings > General Settings > Miscellaneous > [ ] 'Automatically Refresh' option and restart HM2?
    - Try leaving HM2 on the 'Home' tab when playing.
    - Try picking a villain in the reports that only has a few hands in your database instead of your hero and restart HM2.
    - Try creating a new smaller database with just hands from the past 1 or 2 months to use when playing - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...y+played+hands

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem, describe exactly what you were doing, and attach your log.txt file -

I am using 250 GB EVO 850 SSD. for HEM and Windows. 8 GB ram, I7-4790k. I'm not using notecaddy or anything else, just Hold'em manager. My database is very small. The thing is if I go back to last official release it won't lag, however if I upgrade to this, it starts right away. But on the old release it won't display hud for 888 automatically..

Quote Originally Posted by miko View Post
    I am using 250 GB EVO 850 SSD. for HEM and Windows. 8 GB ram, I7-4790k. I'm not using notecaddy or anything else, just Hold'em manager. My database is very small. The thing is if I go back to last official release it won't lag, however if I upgrade to this, it starts right away. But on the old release it won't display hud for 888 automatically..

Does it help if you try disabling Note Caddy? Open HUD Settings, make sure you are on the HUD Designer tab, and uncheck "Show Caddy notes in HUD." Restart HM2.

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem and zip/attach your HM2Logs folder with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing. Email this file to hm2support@holdemmanager.com with a link to this thread and your forum name.

I have been experiencing lag that makes playing impossible lately having had no problems before.

Yesterday my computer completely spazzed out (I e-mailed you about it) and I ended up having to reinstall HM2 and Postgres and start my Database from scratch.

Having re-imported my hands (and vaccuming) and resetting my note-caddy notes (and vaccuming) I was sad to find the exact same lag when I loaded up and started playing today.

However I seem to have pinpointed it to being a NoteCaddy problem. After unticking the Show Note Caddy notes button and reload HM2 it worked fine.

Would like to play with notecaddy running though obviously!

Quote Originally Posted by Atkinator View Post
    I have been experiencing lag that makes playing impossible lately having had no problems before.

Yesterday my computer completely spazzed out (I e-mailed you about it) and I ended up having to reinstall HM2 and Postgres and start my Database from scratch.

Having re-imported my hands (and vaccuming) and resetting my note-caddy notes (and vaccuming) I was sad to find the exact same lag when I loaded up and started playing today.

However I seem to have pinpointed it to being a NoteCaddy problem. After unticking the Show Note Caddy notes button and reload HM2 it worked fine.

Would like to play with notecaddy running though obviously!
    Have you tried updating NC to the latest version? If you have and are still having problems please try reinstalling 8280 or 8247 and do not update NC and let us know if it helps.

If you continue to have problems please start a new thread on the NoteCaddy Forums - http://forums.holdemmanager.com/notecaddy/ - and their support will be glad to assist you. They prefer to have all of their support done on the forums where other customers can search for answers to similar problems.

Please make sure you include in your thread/post which version of HM2 and NoteCaddy you are using so their team has all the information they need to help you.

Dont know if you can help but always have those problems:

When im in report tab (tournaments) Hem2 cannot find the right speed for the games (always write down regular when its turbo) and if i click on more reports to have my result sort by Stakes and also tags (some stakes combine together weirdly like 1 and 3$ not even the same games format (Spin and go and 180man) help