Is buckup/restore good for make new base for beta updates?

Default Is buckup/restore good for make new base for beta updates?

Hi! I had a question.
    In every beta update notes here is advice to create new DB.
    But sometimes it will took a long time.

Is here really need create base and import all hands again?

OR this option may be cool too: backup full base with hands and everything via buckup HM feature.
    Than make update for HM, create new base in it and just restore from that buckup?

Thanks!

It is a good idea to make regular backups. Please see this FAQ to transfer/backup data:

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...dem+Manager%3F

This will ensure that you have your hand histories and HUD saved to import into a new computer, and as a backup to restore in case of an emergency.

But you should not be prompted at every update. How regularly are you updating? Is it coming up with the database wizard? Are you installing a full version manually or using the popup to install the download?
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Hi!
    Ofc make bakups its good idea and i think everyone in our days understand it.
    Make backup for all you have and password it and send to the sky

using the popup to install the download?
    this

Iam update every time that HM beta update window appear.
    Ill click download and install and HM then makes all work for it own.

But iam very rare make a new base, coz it will took a lot of time (a gave a huge bases, fast pc ya, but really huge bases).

And so i just want to know - WHAT it means in bets updates notes when recommend make new DB.
    Make fully new and AGAIN inport all HH, or i can use option what i wrote up?

Yes all DB processes like creation and maintrance and backup restore iam using via HM2 feature in HM2.
    Also iam use postgre 8.4 if it means.

It is a general warning in case something in the beta wasn't noticed in our internal testing that might cause customers to have problems with their database. As long as you make regular backups you can safely ignore that and if anything goes awry with your database because of a beta update you can roll back to the last stable version of HM2, restore your last backup to a new database and import any hands from your archive that were played after the backup was created.

If you don't want to test beta updates that could have a slim chance of affecting your database you can disable that option in the Settings > General Settings > Miscellaneous > [ ] Prompt for beta updates

Ok, thanks. Iam understood. So this recommends just not a big deal and i can didnt take them so serious

Yes, I personally don't create backups often but I don't make many/any notes in my HM2 HUD or hand viewer (I use HM Cloud) and don't play a ton of hands so it's not a big deal if I have to make a new DB ever. I also can't recall the last time I had an update cause a database corruption. If you play a lot of hands and/or make a lot of hand/player notes then you should definitely make regular backups (at least once a month) any way and if you do have a database problem it will be quicker to just restore the backup, import the last month of hands from your archive, and all you will lose is any notes you made since the last backup was created.