"hide hero" doesn't work on 888 when given preferred seat
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default "hide hero" doesn't work on 888 when given preferred seat

I'm playing on 888 (pacific), 6max NLH cash.
    I've chosen my preferred seat in both the client and in HEM. Stats are aligning properly, but it's showing hero stats (even though I have hide hero checked).

It works properly if I don't setup preferred seating.

hud settings--> general settings--> first select the HUD Configuration (in the top left) you use on 888.
    Then uncheck 'hide hero HUD'.

If that doesn't resolve it, just move the hero's HUD panel to the edge of the table, to a position where you don't see it.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

It still appears with it checked or unchecked.

Can we put this on the list to get fixed?
    I have a big, multi-panel hud, and my screen/table real estate is v limited, there isn't anywhere convenient I can put the hero hud.

Thank you!

I want to let you know that your issue has been received and will be tested in the order it was received. Once we have tested and documented it thoroughly we will send you our results and/or ask for any other info/files that we may need to help resolve it.

For now you can try disabling the HUD Settings > Stat Appearance > Stat Settings > [ ] 'Display for hero' option. Hopefully this will work like it should and you can disable the majority of the stats for your HUD.

I could not reproduce this.

It sounds like you may be having a problem we have seen reported a few times recently. The pacific/888 client fails to write the hole cards for some/most of your hands so then it doesn't recognize you as the hero.

Please see this FAQ to alleviate any security bottlenecks - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...olders+HM2+use

If you continue to have problems, try changing the path in the 888 client where it writes hands to a new folder such as C:\888hands - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...28888%29+Poker

If that doesn't help please disable any antivirus/firewalls, reinstall the software and choose English language during installation if prompted. If that doesn't solve it for some reason please reinstall it again as instructed but make sure you install the poker client to a different drive/partition as one of the customers said it was having problems only when installed to the default path on his C drive and once he installed it to a custom path on his other D drive it worked fine.

Try downloading from this link - Poker Download | Download Pacific Poker & get FREE bonus

You may have to reinstall the software 3 or 4 times before it starts saving the hands properly with all the holecards.

If none of that helps you will need to ask the pacific support team why their software is not saving the hole cards for all of your hands you play.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Hello,

My 888 client does not save the hh's correct also. tried every fix i could find in this and other threads. I send 888 an email yesterday, no answer yet. Are there more things i can try? Are there more people with this problem?

ps. same problem on windows 8 and vista machine.

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using? Try to uninstall any 3rd party security software, reboot your computer and then follow the instructions above to reinstall the 88 client again. Make sure you run the 888 installer as administrator.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using? Try to uninstall any 3rd party security software, reboot your computer and then follow the instructions above to reinstall the 88 client again. Make sure you run the 888 installer as administrator.
    I have the same problem on a vista and a windows 8 machine, both with security Essentials and windows firewall. I tried turning everything of. It still won't save the hh's correctly.

I tried some stuff. I am Dutch and hm did not import hh's from my Dutch 888 client, so i installed an englisch client. But that one doesn't save hero's holecards. I just tried the Dutch client again (wich saves HH's in english btw) now the holecards are written but HM doesn't import most of the time, some hands that i see the flop with import correct, all hands i fold before the flop do not import at all.

Hope u can do something with this info, i can send HH's.

This is a permissions bug of some sort with their poker client and has nothing to do with HM2 from our research. HM2 can only import the hands as written and if their client is not writing hole cards for every single one of your hands it will cause problems in HM2 as our database won't realize you are a hero. The instructions usually solve the problem but you may have to reinstall the 888 client multiple times as instructed. If the instructions do not solve the problem you will need to contact their support as there is nothing more we can do to help since we can only provide support for our software and not all of the poker clients themselves.