Constant lag and connection problems with pokerstars

Default Constant lag and connection problems with pokerstars

Hi,
    I was told by PokerStars support that the lag i'm experiencing at the tables might be caused by third party program, in this case HEM 2. I'm constantly losing the connection and get sat out and lose my timebank etc. My internet connection during other program usage like playing online games etc seems fine.
    I'm using win 7, HEM 2 vs. 2.0.0.8268
    What could be the problem if you already know about it, then how to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vandalar View Post
    Hi,
    I was told by PokerStars support that the lag i'm experiencing at the tables might be caused by third party program, in this case HEM 2. I'm constantly losing the connection and get sat out and lose my timebank etc. My internet connection during other program usage like playing online games etc seems fine.
    I'm using win 7, HEM 2 vs. 2.0.0.8268
    What could be the problem if you already know about it, then how to fix it?
    I'm really sorry and I know there is nothing more frustrating than having issues like this when trying to play. I hope i can help you resolve this quickly.

What is your hard drive model, RAM and CPU? You can find this in your Control Panel - System - Device Manager. Sometimes lower spec PC's can contribute to lagging but that is not to say we can't still improve it further.

Does it help if you try disabling Note Caddy? Open HUD Settings, make sure you are on the HUD Designer tab, and uncheck "Show Caddy notes in HUD." Restart HM2.

In the meantime while you reply with those details I have a couple of things you can try that will improve the performance of your PC in general

Please check these 2 FAQs and try all the steps there to see if they help:
    - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...%28Firewall%29 - Resolves issues where security software continually try to scan files and processes which can slow down your PC
    - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...rts+%26+HUD%29 - General tips and solutions for performance issues

A few other things you could try to see if it helps when playing:
    - Does it help you disable the Options > Settings > General Settings > Miscellaneous > [ ] 'Automatically Refresh' option and restart HM2?
    - Try leaving HM2 on the 'Home' tab when playing.
    - Try picking a villain in the reports that only has a few hands in your database instead of your hero and restart HM2.
    - Try creating a new smaller database with just hands from the past 1 or 2 months to use when playing.

If you continue to have problems:

Please enable the Settings > Feature Logging > [x] 'HUDStats' and 'FastPoker' option and increase the Max number of log files option to 10 so old logs are saved with date/time stamps. You can also enable this before you launch HM2 from the Start Menu - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ging#startmenu

Please reproduce the problem and:
    - Use the tool in the following link to send a HUD Report - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...Reporting+Tool
    - Attach a screen shot of the table/desktop
    - Try to include the Active Sessions tab and/or Sessions Report that also includes your windows clock and poker client lobby clock in the screen shot
    - Save a copy of the original Hand history for the table with the issue
    - Close HM2 and attach your log.txt file with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F

With all the above information we should be able to narrow down what is causing the issue, if all the information is not included we will need to email you again to request it.

Please zip and email the requested files to hm2support@holdemmanager.com and if there is a forum thread with additional information please link to this thread and let us know your forum name if there are several people in the thread.

Hi, same problem here,
    playing at the same time at 888.es and ps.es, pokerstars was lagging so much that I was sitted out, and I lost my time bank so many times I can't remember how many hands I lost because of that.

I downgraded to .8247 (no result)

I finally disabled Notecaddy and works fine, so the issue is PS+notecaddy
    (in 888 works fine. A little slower, nothing strange because of the extra CPU/db involved)

Are you going to fix it?

Cheers.

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem, describe exactly what you were doing, and attach your log.txt file -
    http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F

Please email it with a link to this thread to support@holdemmanager.com
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Default I did not change anything, setup, hud or NC packages

After a couple of months of very few activity (almost none), just tried to do a MTT session in PS.es and 888.es as usual. (10 tables or so)
    PS tables tables lagging horribly (unplayable), 888 tables responsive no problem at all.
    Same HUD except for the action timing feature activated for PS.

Disabling Notecaddy everything works fine.

So I guess the issue comes from:

Notecaddy+Ps new client

or

Notecaddy+ps new client+timing tell feature.

Hope this helps, regards.

Quote Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
    If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem, describe exactly what you were doing, and attach your log.txt file -
    http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F

Please email it with a link to this thread to support@holdemmanager.com

Did you send us the log files as requested? If it only happens with NC enabled then we should probably have you send the NC specific logs to their support so they can investigate the problem and work with our developers if needed.

Please create and send NC logs as explained in this FAQ - How to make logs and send it to support - Assaultware Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    Did you send us the log files as requested? If it only happens with NC enabled then we should probably have you send the NC specific logs to their support so they can investigate the problem and work with our developers if needed.

Please create and send NC logs as explained in this FAQ - How to make logs and send it to support - Assaultware Wiki

Disabling the timing tell feature worked ok.
    Updated to the last version on NC. Only playable if badges are fully disabled.

No direction but to trust the final destination

This is not a common problem as there are quite a few people using PS+HM+NC+packs and this is the only report I've seen for quite some time where disabling NC solves it. The better solution is to do some maintenance on your system. The best available guide for tuning your system for optimal performance is the one written by Alan Jackson for his AJackson advantage pack. Even people who don't use his pack can greatly benefit from these tips

http://www.notecaddy.com/NoteCaddy P...Guide v1.2.pdf
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

Watching the last released notes it seems that I was not so wrong. But still doesn't work.

After wasting my time rebuilding the whole db, and applying the last NC patch, it keeps only working without lag (PS):
    Disabling the timing feature + Removing the timing badge from the HUD.
    = The lag dissapears. (currently multitabling in 6 tables, and 2 different sites)

888 worked fine all the time (no timing feature possible)

PS: The memory leak creating notes is obvious.

No direction but to trust the final destination

Default +NoteCaddy Release Notes+ (latest 2.5.1.19)

--------------------------------
    -Merge hand format change fix
    -Bug fix for caddy clock setting
    -Force ranges to be compiled in stat/badge popups