Lagging and crashing

Default Lagging and crashing

Dear HEM Support,

Using Holdem and Omaha pro + Notecaddy, lately HEM Is lagging a lot and crashing. I have to open task manager before every session and when i see lag i hurry to close HEM so i don't time out from the tables. When i close the program it gets back to normal. I ran database maintance and reinstalled windows (8).

Windows 8,
    8 GB Ram , i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.4 Ghz

Uploaded screenshot
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi,

I'm really sorry and I know there is nothing more frustrating than having issues like this when trying to play. I hope i can help you resolve this quickly.

What is your hard drive model, RAM and CPU? You can find this in your Control Panel - System - Device Manager. Sometimes lower spec PC's can contribute to lagging but that is not to say we can't still improve it further.

Does it help if you try disabling Note Caddy? Open HUD Settings, make sure you are on the HUD Designer tab, and uncheck "Show Caddy notes in HUD." Restart HM2.

In the meantime while you reply with those details I have a couple of things you can try that will improve the performance of your PC in general

Please check these 2 FAQs and try all the steps there to see if they help:
    - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...%28Firewall%29 - Resolves issues where security software continually try to scan files and processes which can slow down your PC
    - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...rts+%26+HUD%29 - General tips and solutions for performance issues

A few other things you could try to see if it helps when playing:
    - Does it help you disable the Options > Settings > General Settings > Miscellaneous > [ ] 'Automatically Refresh' option and restart HM2?
    - Try leaving HM2 on the 'Home' tab when playing.
    - Try picking a villain in the reports that only has a few hands in your database instead of your hero and restart HM2.
    - Try creating a new smaller database with just hands from the past 1 or 2 months to use when playing.

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem, describe exactly what you were doing, and attach your log.txt file -
    http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, you can do so here: Leave Feedback

Thanks for the quick reply

Disk: ST750LM022 HN-M750MBB

Procesor: Intel Core i8-3630QM CPU @ 2.40Ghz

RAM is 8 GB , but can't find more info

- Granted full Access to the mentioned files from u. I'm using AVG 2015 full version as anti-virus. It doesn't help turning notecaddy off

- Hem is almost always at Home tab while playing

- Does it help you disable the Options > Settings > General Settings > Miscellaneous > [ ] 'Automatically Refresh' option and restart HM2? (Just changed this and will report if it works better)

DB is 750k hands, creating new and adding just last 2-3 months sounds very good , but i don't know how to do that and keep my notes/player tags. Playing in few sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanimir Mihov View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply

Disk: ST750LM022 HN-M750MBB

Procesor: Intel Core i8-3630QM CPU @ 2.40Ghz

RAM is 8 GB , but can't find more info

- Granted full Access to the mentioned files from u. I'm using AVG 2015 full version as anti-virus. It doesn't help turning notecaddy off

- Hem is almost always at Home tab while playing

- Does it help you disable the Options > Settings > General Settings > Miscellaneous > [ ] 'Automatically Refresh' option and restart HM2? (Just changed this and will report if it works better)

DB is 750k hands, creating new and adding just last 2-3 months sounds very good , but i don't know how to do that and keep my notes/player tags. Playing in few sites.
    Thank you for the feedback. I have added the information to our internal tracking document for this problem and once we have some suggestions or possible solutions that might solve this problem we will be in touch.

That 5400rpm HDD is the biggest bottleneck in your system.

AVG causes major issues. It blocks the database folder, keeping us from writing to it. In some cases, we have seen AVG corrupt Windows to the point the hard drive needs to be reformatted. We do not recommend using it at any time. We recommend Microsoft Security Essentials or Kaspersky for the lowest chance of HM2 conflicts while staying protected against viruses.

Many of those free Norton, Mcaffee, Comodo, Zonealarm, Avira, Avast, AVG, Bitdefender, etc, 'internet security' bundles will not work well with Holdem Manager.

Please do the following steps, so we can get your computer to a state that we know will work with Holdem Manager:

1) Uninstall any 3rd party security software bundles.
    2) Reboot your computer
    3) Please install the latest version: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...ger_2_Beta.exe
    4) Enable Windows Firewall's recommended settings through your Control Panel, turn off Windows Defender, and add firewall exceptions for HM and SQL - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...rewall%29#MSES
    5) Install Microsoft Security Essentials for antivirus/malware protection and update it - Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem and zip/attach your HM2Logs folder with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing. Email this file to hm2support@holdemmanager.com with a link to this thread and your forum name.

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F