HM2 built-in PostgreSQL tuning tool

Default HM2 built-in PostgreSQL tuning tool

The HM2 built in PostgreSQL tuning tool mentioned here:- http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...+Modifications

QUESTIONS:-
    [1] Does it perform a generic tuning i.e. the same for every user or does it detect system spec & other factors & adjust tuning accordingly?
    [2] Is there a list of what's changed?
    [3] I half-remember some posts [that I may have misremembered] recommending a manual tuning rather than using this tool. Is this correct?
    [4] I've already manually tuned my PostgreSQL.conf file, but I thought I'd try the tool for a comparison. Is it possible for me to copy my manually adjusted .conf file to somewhere & then swap it back in if I don't like the results of the auto tune tool?

Cheers

You can copy the conf file and paste it to your desktop to use later.

lI have escalated your issue to our 2nd level support techs and they will respond to your email as soon as possible
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Thank you Chris

Quote Originally Posted by _Loki_ View Post
    The HM2 built in PostgreSQL tuning tool mentioned here:- http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...+Modifications

QUESTIONS:-
    [1] Does it perform a generic tuning i.e. the same for every user or does it detect system spec & other factors & adjust tuning accordingly?
    [2] Is there a list of what's changed?
    [3] I half-remember some posts [that I may have misremembered] recommending a manual tuning rather than using this tool. Is this correct?
    [4] I've already manually tuned my PostgreSQL.conf file, but I thought I'd try the tool for a comparison. Is it possible for me to copy my manually adjusted .conf file to somewhere & then swap it back in if I don't like the results of the auto tune tool?

Cheers
    1 - It is based on your system specs
    2 - It creates a backup of the original file and a copy of the edited file before it makes the changes to the actual file you use. See attached image of folder I marked up. The edited file has notes of what was replaced.
    3 - There were problems with it in the past that have since been resolved. All of our internal tests comparing the HM2 tuned conf file performance with a manually edited conf file showed any difference was negligible. I used the HM2 tuning on my fresh PSQL 9.3.5 installation after my recent reformat and had no problems.
    4 - You can make copies as explained if you want to try but I would not bother assuming you used one of our guides from our FAQs or posted on the forums by PatVS. Any difference would be minimal and not worth the effort IMO, assuming you aren't having any significant performance problems that are causing you to consider this. If you are having performance issues I would recommend you attempt the normal things we suggest (I can post them for you here if you want clarification) and/or try the workingset edits in the HM2 config file to force HM2 to use more or less RAM.

2014-11-30_8-33-45.png

2014-11-30_8-35-41.png

2014-11-30_8-37-18.png