Making a note for checking back flush draw problem with paired boards

Question Various questions for making NC notes

I am attempting to make a note on how often a player checks back a flush draw on all two flush boards in single raised pots. I am having an issue with flops where the board is paired. Is there an easy way to include this or is it better to just skip these boards?

Other than this issue the note seems to be working great but maybe I'm missing some other weird spots like this... Any other suggested hands/board textures to test to make sure I'm getting everything?

Example situation:
    player to take note on: raises $4 to $6
    xxxxx: folds
    player 2: calls $4
    *** FLOP *** [6h Kd Kh]
    play: checks
    player to take not on: checks
    *** TURN ***
    player to take not on shows down: Ah 3h .... Even though I have pair + fdraw as one option checked to take a note on in the flop-range section.

Note not taken because player had pair on flop.
    Last edited by kashmunni; 11-25-2014 at 07:25 PM.

Default Missed Opportunities and $flopboardrange

I am taking notes on when someone checks back top set. Mainly I would like to have the quick number: 50%(5/10)... but realized it would be nice to have the board texture also so I added $flopboardrange to the note description.

Will this work? Since I have "Define opportunities by action" to get the % of times someone does it. Will the $flopboardrange take notes on the boards where villain only had an opportunity to check? (If yes then this will be useless in my case and I dont want to include it in my note)

No direction but to trust the final destination

The enhancement for improved hand descriptions based on board pairings is a pretty new addition and the example you gave with the flush draw on a paired board was in fact missed. Please update to the 2.5.1 beta if you'd like to try the fixed version http://forums.holdemmanager.com/note...-5-1-beta.html

take notes on the boards where villain only had an opportunity to check?
    If you're setting a flop->range filter requiring that he have top set then it won't take a note unless he ends up showing top set
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by sreticentv View Post
    If you're setting a flop->range filter requiring that he have top set then it won't take a note unless he ends up showing top set
    But will it take notes for opportunities AND success or just the success? Is there a way to only make it take notes for $flopboardrange only when there is a success without making a new note that doesn't use "Define opportunities by action"?

It will never add to the $flopboardrange on a missed opportunity
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

Thanks for the quick replies. I have some free time and will be messing around with NC next couple days so will probably have some more questions. Will keep them in this thread.

I made a stat for check check bet (where F and T go check). I would like to add Won $ at Showdown for this stat. Is there an easy way to do this? Or do I have to make 2 extra notes (xxb won + xxb lost) and then a composite definition?

You only need the one definition and then the composite with the .BigBlindsPerHand trailer for the definition in the expression. That's assuming you want the won $ as a stat

I would like to know what % of the hands he shows down he actually wins (when he goes xxb). So if he wins 5 out of 10 times he showed down after going xxb I would like to see 50 or 5/10 or 0.5. I don't need the $$ amount he won or bb/100.

The current note I have just takes note of the times a player goes xxb and doesnt limit the note to the player showing down. So would I need to make a note for villain showing down and a note for show down and win... then the following composite: ((xxb SD WIN / xxb total SD) x 100)?

I am trying to limit the number of notes I have in my DB.

In that case your first idea was correct. It's a common use case so an example is detailed here Composite Definitions - Assaultware Wiki