How can I use a defferent PREFLOP and Postflop HUD ?

Default How can I use two different HUDs one PREFLOP and one POSTFLOP?

I decided to try using the street by street HUD option in HM2 to have a a different HUD for preflop (preflop.xml file) and a different HUD for postflop (postflop.xml file).

Postflop I want to use the SAME HUD to all three streets (flop turn river)

I managed to make it work but I had the following problems

1) In the streets list there are "flop" "turn" and "river" as streets but not "Preflop". That's wrong. Preflop is a street also and should exist as an option.

I solved the problem by using "any" for my preflop hud.... that worked.

2) I wanted to use the same HUD configuration (postflop.xml) in flop turn and river .

I deleted all the existed entries for Pokerstars by pressing the "X" button and I tried to create new.

Fist I selected postfop.xml hud for the flop street but after that HM2 didn't allow me to create new entries using the same HUD on the turn and the river ...because it was already used for the flop.

That's a bug

So I had to create copies (clones) of the SAME hud file (I created postflop2,xxml and postlfop3 .xml copies of the file postflop.xml) to make HM2 allow me to use the same HUD configuration the Postflop different streets.

After that, the software let me to edit the flop and river entries and change from the menu the HUD for turn and river to the same HUD (postflop.xml ) with the flop . So now I have flop turn and river pointing to the same HUD file (postflop.xml)

So I finally found how to do that I wanted , solving both problems but it was not so easy.

I don't like the software user interface usability of this menu...
    Last edited by fountouris; 11-23-2014 at 03:22 AM.

All of these problems/bugs you mention are by design. I understand it can be confusing but it is a complex feature and this is the way it needs to be configured. You need to create a separate a hud config for flop/turn/river (even if you want them to all be the same config) and these settings will over-ride any other hud configs so we use the 'any' option for any street that is not assigned.