HM2 thinks Postgres is installed, but it has been uninstalled.

Default HM2 thinks Postgres is installed, but it has been uninstalled.

I uninstalled HM2 and PostgreSQL a few months ago and now I want to install both programs. I downloaded HM2 and the installer states that PostgreSQL is already installed, even though I cannot see PostgreSQL any where on my computer apart from admin tools/services.

I then downloaded the PostgreSQL installer manually but when I try and install PostgreSQL, I receive this error.

Please help!

You need to remove the user/service.

Make sure windows is fully updated until 'No New Important Updates are Found' (this may require multiple restarts and multiple 'check for updates'), including Internet Explorer (even if you use a different web browser).

1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel if it is there.

2) Delete the \PostgreSQL\8.x\data folder that is left behind.

3) Delete the sub-folder(s) in c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\HoldemManager\Da tabase (XP - c:\documents and settings\username\application data\HoldemManager\Database).

4) run the command - start > programs > accessories > command prompt > right-click > run as administrator

net user postgres /delete

5) Restart your PC

6) Install PostgreSQL 9.0 or 9.2 from postgresql.org

7) Once installed you should disable the postgresql logging as instructed here - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...arge+Log+Files

If there is still an issue, we need to know the error - it is in the temp folder - bitrockinstaller.txt file. If you can't see it, turn off the windows option that is hiding that directory. http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...es+in+Windows+